Thread: I had installed windows vista and windows 7 on my system now how can i uninstall Vista and retain Win 7?

I had installed windows vista and windows 7 on my system now how can i uninstall Vista and retain Win 7?

I am using the dual boot and i have installed the windows vista and windows 7 on mine system. due to the some reason now i wanted to remove the windows vista completely. i have tried to remove the windows vista but when i log in i get the option of window vista as well. now i don't know how to solve this issue. can anyone suggest on this issue and so that i can solve mine issue. i have also gone through some suggestion on the other threads but i didn't got the any suggestion on this. please can anyone help on this topic.

Re: I had installed windows vista and windows 7 on my system now how can i uninstall Vista and retain Win 7?

I think you need to make the format Vista partition through the windows 7 installation DVD. To do these follow the steps below: first restart your system with the installation DVD and then you will get the installation window and under that make hit on the install. Once you click on the install, you will get another form and under that make hit on the setup screen and then make hit on the custom. After that make hit on the driver option and then choose your partition to format. And after that make hit on the format and then cancel the installation. Now restart your system in the normal mode and you have uninstalled the windows vista.

Re: I had installed windows vista and windows 7 on my system now how can i uninstall Vista and retain Win 7?

I would like to suggest you to perform the repair on your windows 7 installation DVD and so that you can remove the all the component of windows vista. To do these follow the steps below. First put in the windows 7 DVD on your system and then restart your system. While your restarting boot the DVD and then select your language and after that make hit on the next. Now on the installation wizard make hit on the repair and then choose your OS to repair. And then make hit on the Repair link as of catalog of recovery tools in System Recovery Options.

Hi thanks for answering and would be grateful for your suggestions. Unable to do these steps because I have an installation DVD of Windows 7, but I have the DVD of Windows Vista. I tried to get the other side i.e. from the friends but I didn’t have it. Now I don’t what to do to remove the windows vista. I have also gone through some threads but I got this same steps. Can anyone suggest me to solve mine issue without using the windows installation DVD or CD?

Windows 7 and Vista include an integrated functionality in Disk Management to diminish and enlarge partitions. These need not 3 party needed utility! To get to this utility, unlock the Control Panel and type partition in the search text box. You will without delay see the link on your search answer and then click it. In the Disk Management screen, make a right click the partition you desire to decrease and choose "Shrink Volume" from the menu. In the dialog box shrink, you should enter the amount to be cut inside the box, not the new size, and then click on the Collapse button.

Download the Paragon Partition Manager Free Edition (32-bit) from here: http://dw.com.com/redir?edId=3&siteI...d7e7fc715b5b9b and once you complete the downloading and then save it on your system and after that install the Paragon Partition Manager Free Edition and after that restart your system. Now once you complete the installation then go through your issue. I hope this will help you lot to solve your issue.