Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows 7 Installation Disk cannot use/format hard drive

Operating Systems

Old 06-04-2011

Windows 7 Installation Disk cannot use/format hard drive

I am facing some problem with my computer. I am having the Windows 7 installed in my computer. It is the fresh installation and there is no other Operating system installed in my computer. There is no problem while booting the computer but when I try to pick a hard drive to install it then it does not accept that. It permits me to delete the partitions but when I click on the "New" or "Format" then it does not respond me anything. Please tell me that what is the problem with that and how can it be solved. Please help.

Old 06-04-2011

Re: Windows 7 Installation Disk cannot use/format hard drive

There is one trick for this issue and you can try this to see if that can let you out of the problem. Actually what you have to do is to format your hard drive with the Help of the Windows XP installation CD and when you are done with the format properly then you can boot from the Windows 7 installation disk and install that. So try this out and if that does not work then reply back and I will provide you some other alternative ways of that.
Old 06-04-2011

There might be the problem with the connection of the hard drive to the motherboard and that is the reason that you are getting the problems like this. So check for the connection first and also check the connecting cable. If you feel that the connecting cable is not proper then you can try to use a new cable and see if that can solve the problem for you. I know that there are very less chances of that but still it is possible that it can be the reason for this.
Old 06-04-2011

If you are not able to format that on your computer then you can simply try to connect that with some other computer and then format that from there. Once you are completed with the format then you can connect the hard drive back to your computer and see if that is working well now. I hope that this will help you to resolve the problem.
Old 06-04-2011

It is possible that the Windows 7 installation disk that you are using is corrupted and that is the reason that you are facing this issue. So if you want to check that then you can make a new bootable Windows 7 CD and try to format it from that. This time you should make CD by a new copy of the Windows 7 and that format the HDD with that. If the problem was due to badly burned operating system CD then this time you will not get problem like this.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,