Thread: The control panel of nvidia is not working

The control panel of nvidia is not working

I had connected a big size secondary monitor on my pc. I have Nvidia Geforce 9800 graphic card. After connecting that, to turn it on I went in the Nvidia Control Panel. But it crashed instantly. I tried to launch it but it is not working. I had also restarted my pc but still I am not able to access the control panel. What can be the issue here. How can I configure the second monitor.

Re: The control panel of nvidia is not working

Re-installing Geforce drivers will be enough to fix the problem. You can find the latest version from the official website. Just download that and install it on your system. If there is any bug or problem in the existing graphic settings then it will be resolved. Once you had gone with the latest update you can then try to reconfigure dual monitors on your system. That is the easiest way I think.

I had also got the issue when I was trying to connect a TV to my pc through HDMI. Nvidia control panel was not working. But when I had connected the same thing on my onboard graphics I was able to use both the monitors. It looks the control panel is buggy. I am using a third party software to control both the monitors. I am able to turn on the second through that. But I am not able to use Nvidia Control Panel still after installing it back.

A few things can help you to fix the issue. First you can go ahead with running a repair installation. That is through overwriting the video driver setup as mentioned above. Second if that does not work then go get the old settings back you have to simply run system restore. This is another faster way of applying old settings that really work. If the new installation thing does not work then just go ahead with system restore. That would be enough to fix the issue.