Thread: Windows XP SP3: System restore unable to start, cannot drag and drop ANY files/folders on desktop.

Windows XP SP3: System restore unable to start, cannot drag and drop ANY files/folders on desktop.

I using windows XP service pack 3 and I was going to update mine system to windows 7. But I need to take the backup mine system. Last night after a recent power outage, my system restarted with a wide foreign and widespread malfunction Windows.the computer works perfectly while start up but after that mine system doesn't works perfectly, i cant create the system restore etc, but many basic functions of Windows key has stopped suddenly. It seems that many Windows services cannot start. Interestingly, almost all of my start-up applications and my files are accessible for the most part, but I lost the ability to drag and drop files, folders or items in a list of complete applications. I cannot copy or paste anything, cannot move desktop icons even though they can create new files and folders. So now you cannot back up or anything, including the transfer of a single file from one hard drives to any other storage medium. Can anyone suggest on this and so that I can solve mine issue.

Re: Windows XP SP3: System restore unable to start, cannot drag and drop ANY files/folders on desktop.

Consider buying an uninterrupted power supply to help prevent future damage from power outages. For a single computer, you should find one in the area of 240 t0 400 rupees. The most expensive UPS is not required. Another disaster recovery strategy is a good buy an external hard drive and Acronis True Image. It is possible the image of your system (and you can make images of incremental backup so that your image is always present). You can then apply your image and re-run as they were relatively few in a minute after a hard drive and / or failure of Windows.

Re: Windows XP SP3: System restore unable to start, cannot drag and drop ANY files/folders on desktop.

I would like to suggest you to perform the system file checker and so that you can solve your issue. To perform this you need to follow the steps below:
    1. Go to start and then make hit on the all program and then go to the accessories. Now on the accessories make hit on the command prompt.
    2. Now under the command prompt type sfc/scannow and after that make hit on the enter.
    3. At this time your system will start scanning and once you complete the scanning restart your system and then go through your issue.

I would like to suggest you to advise uninstall your and so that you can solve your issue. Before installing the operating system you need to uninstall first. To uninstall go this way: make hit on the start and then go to the control panel and under the control panel select the add/remove program and under that select your operating system. Now make double hit on the operating system and then make click on the uninstall. Now once you complete the uninstall then restart and then install the fresh copy operating system that you want.

Hello I have same issue on mine system and I have tried lots of suggestion but I didn’t have the any good result on that. I am unable to copy paste, drag/drop, print on mine system and mine system task-bar doesn’t show the opened applications. I go the following error on mine ms-word "This document could not be registered". I want make the system restore, can anyone suggest on the system restore and so that I can solve mine issue. The following are details of mine system:
    Dell Dimension XPS600
    WinXP Media Center Edition SP3

I have gone through your issue and I would like to suggest you and these are the step to system restore. Go to start and then make hit on the all program. Now under the all program select the accessories and then go to the system tool and after that make hit on the system restore. Now under the system restore applications select the date before the error encountered and then enter the all other information. Now once you complete the entering all date now make hit on the system restore and then restart your system and go through your issue.