Thread: Slow system startup with error “Event ID 100”

Slow system startup with error “Event ID 100”

Hi all, recently I build a new PC. I re-seated the HSF and along with that I installed the old DVD burner that was from my old computer to my newly build computer. My new system is with the following configuration (Intel i7 920, 120-GB SSD, 6GB DDR3 OCZ Platinum). After this build it was working fine for 2 days but now I found that it is slowing down the performance of it. Once the computer gets started then it shows me the message which says “Event ID 100”. All the parts in it are new and that must boost the speed but it is doing the reverse. Please tell me that what I should do to solve this problem.

Re: Slow system startup with error “Event ID 100”

I think that your DVD drive is set to the primary boot drive and that is the reason that you are getting the problem like this. For proper boot, you will have to set the HDD to your primary boot drive. If you want to do that then you will have to go to the BIOS settings and from there change the boot order and set the primary boot drive to HDD and save the changes. This can solve the problem for you. Other than this, if your drive is slow to register then also it will take more time to load the operating system and will show you the errors like this. I wish that this will solve the problem for you.

As you told that your system is working fine earlier and if that is the case then you can try to restore the system and that can resolve this problem. It is the inbuilt utility in the Windows that will allow you to reset all the settings to some earlier date. If you go to the system tools then it will show you one of the options as the “System Restore”. Select that option and from there you will have to select the date on which that was working well. Restore your computer to that point and that will make your computer to work well again.

It can also be because of the antivirus that is installed in your computer. There are many of the antivirus software which reduces the processing speed of the computer. Do you have any antivirus software installed in your computer? If yes then uninstall that from your computer and then try to reboot your computer and see if that is starting with the same speed. If that increases the speed of the computer then it will confirm that the problem is with the antivirus and you will have to install some other antivirus.

You can make use of the Registry Cleaner and see if that can help you or not. This will help you by removing as well as deleting needless programs. Along with this it will as well take out all those errors which have build up within the windows xp registry file. When you generate or remove files otherwise install or uninstall any of the software, it gets added to the registry. Unluckily by removing programs, fragments are regularly left at the back. Bits of software programs are repeatedly there on the computer. If you put down these remnants then issues can be arise and occasionally makes the Windows XP unbalanced and sluggish it’s processing. Your registry becomes progressively clogged.

You can follow the steps below and see if it can solve the problem for you.
    1. First of all go to the Start menu and click on Run.
    2. There you have to type msconfig
    3. Press Enter.
    4. Select the Startup tab and this will show you the list of active programs.
    5. Here you will have to uncheck all the boxes apart from your antivirus and firewall.