Thread: Is it Possible to Install Windows 7 and windows Xp in 2 Hard Drives

Is it Possible to Install Windows 7 and windows Xp in 2 Hard Drives

Hi , I am having two pc’s one is older and I rarely use it, but many often I use to work in my new pc with 1Tb hard disk space. My old computer has 300 Gb disk space so I want the harddisk of the old pc to be installed in my new Pc so that I can use both the hard disks simultaneously. I want to install Windows 7 in my 1Tb drive and Windows XP in the other drive having 300GB space. Can anyone tell me how use both the drives with different operating systems. Will I have to make any changes in the BIOS.

Re: Is it Possible to Install Windows 7 and windows Xp in 2 Hard Drives

You can use both of the hard disk simultaneously with different operating system installed in it. For this you don’t need to go to the BIOS or make any changes. Both of the hard disk will have operating system so while installing the operating system we can make choice in which hard disk to install. By changing the boot order in the BIOS option you can choose which disk drive to install during the second windows setup.

Hello, I can help you to solve the problem. If you will install the second operating system with both the hard drives active then you must be aware that the boot file required for the installation in the second hard disk remains on the first hard disk. If you want separate install then disconnect the first hard disk while installing to the second and use the BIOS to switch between two. Now you have two operating system installed in two different hard disk.

You want your both of the HDD,say windows 7 in one HDD1 and windows Xp in HDD2 to be accessible then you can simply just install the windows 7 HDD1 and after completing follow the same procedure of installation in HDD with windows Xp.I hope this will clear all your doubts.