Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2011

There are many winword.exe process running in the task manager

Hello friends I have been really very frustrated for some time now since I have got my system to run too slowly after every 15 minutes interval of time, I would usually carry out my work with the help of a word document and so would get allot of word document open at the same time. When I would check the taskbar I would see allot of winword.exe file to open at the same time, so can someone help me to know that what is this all about and what should I do to get the system to run smoothly.
Old 05-04-2011

Re: There are many winword.exe process running in the task manager

This winword.exe file that you are talking about gets generated after every word document that you open on your system and so if you have opened five word documents at the same time then you will get five winword.exe files at the same time running at the task manager of yours, so what I would suggest is that you should kill all the process that are there related to the winword.exe and then see if you can get the system to run smoothly after that.
Old 05-04-2011

Hey guys even after I kill all the process the same process comes up the next time I open the task manager and so again my system becomes slow and I am not able to do anything else and will have to wait for a long time for the process to get completed and so it?s a waste of time, also if I have closed all the word files as well then also the task manger shows allot of the winword.exe file so can someone help me to know that what should I do to get this problem solved.
Old 05-04-2011

Hey what I think that there could be some kind of virus that might be running on your system which is why you are getting this kind of a winword.exe process running on your task manager, so what I would suggest that you should look to get a quick scan done with your system and then see if you can detect and heal any viruses.
Old 06-04-2011

What I would suggest you if you are still unable to get rid of the winword.exe process is that you should try to reinstall the Microsoft Office file as I think that there could be some kind of a problem with the application itself that is causing the problem for the repeated winword process, so I would suggest that you should reinstall the MS Office again and see what happens.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,