Thread: How to install window 7 on hard disk drive if it is read only

How to install window 7 on hard disk drive if it is read only

Hello, last year I have purchased the new branded personal computer. The specification of this computer is to be AMD Phenom II 1055T processor with 6 GB RAM and 250 GB HDD. In this SATA 250 GB hard disk I have first time creates the 4 partitions then yesterday I have format the C: drive. Before formatting this drive holds the window 7 OS. But now I have lie to install the fresh copy of the hard disk. There is no other OS till presents in any drive of the hard disk. If I have try to format this drive it will show the error message read only drive. Any type of help would be appreciated.

Re: How to install window 7 on hard disk drive if it is read only

Hey I also faced the same kind of problem in last month. Whenever I have try to format the C: drive which will already hold the windows 7 operating system the nit will display the same read only drive error message. I have try to avoid this message it will not give me authority to install the win 7 OS into this c: drive because it will not give the permission to format the drive. Then I have realized that the data cable of the HDD is to be not connected very well. It is loosely connected so that’s why the problem is occurred. I have connected this cable very well and the problem is solved.

If at the time of installation the OS will display the error message then something is to be goes to the wrong. Firstly you need to check the data cable of the HDD. If it is not connected connect it properly. Then also check other device properly connected with the motherboard or not if it is not connected then connect it properly. If the connection is made properly then might be possible that the problem may be solved. Try this solutions this can be helpful you a lot.

Sometimes the people who are installing the OS into the previously partitioned HDD then that time they will not care about the BIOS setting. In this BIOS setting we need to properly mention the first boot device and second boot device and etc. Also remember one thing that sometimes Windows is incompatible with a mass storage controller in that case we need to firstly install the mass storage driver. This will help a lot to solve this read only type of error messages.

I also faced the same kind of problem. In my 160 GB hard disk I have received the kind of error message that is read only disk drive. I have try two to three times but this error message will not be going. Then suddenly I have realized that I have try to install the windows 7 Operating system on the FAT 32 partitioned HDD. Then I have suddenly knows that there is only one chance to solve this problem. Firstly I will take the backup of the HDD. Then format the whole HDD and fresh install the windows 7 OS onto this HDD.