Thread: Windows 7 SP1 causing high CPU usage

Windows 7 SP1 causing high CPU usage

Hello friends I have installed this new Windows 7 SP1 on my system upgrading from the previous Windows Xp operating system that I was having and after successfully installing the new Windows 7 operating system I have found out that I am getting very high CPU usage even though I am not doing anything at all with my system, so can someone help me to know that why is this happening and what shall I do to get rid of this problem.

Re: Windows 7 SP1 causing high CPU usage

Hey have you checked out in your taskbar whether or not you are having any kind of a process that is working on at the back of your system eating up too much of the process memory and dude to it you are facing the high CPU usage issue. Just go to the task manager and see if there are any anonyms process that might be running which is eating up the CPU usage, if yes then delete and you will get everything to normal after that.

What I would suggest that you should always look to keep the automatic updates off on your system so that there would be no way through which there could be any updation of any software done without your permission and that you should always make it a point to start the internet connection only after the system is booted properly, so that there couldn’t be any kind of a process done while booting takes place.

If you were not getting the high CPU usage before while you were making use of the Windows Xp and it was only after you have updated to the Windows 7 operating system did you started to face this kind of a problem then what I would suggest is that you should look to reformat the system to install the Windows 7 operating system again and then see if the same problem continues or not, also try to format with a different formatting CD to see the difference.

Dude I have come to know that what is causing this problem, if you can check out in the taskbar you will find that there is some kind of a process called the System Idle Process that is running at the end, which when gets to the highest level will eat up too much of the RAM making the system too slow. So if you have kept the system unused for a long time and if you find that the System Idle process goes to maximum then you will have to delete the process from the taskbar and then you will be able to get the system to run smoothly.