Thread: Convert Windows 7 from 32 bit to the 64 bit version

Convert Windows 7 from 32 bit to the 64 bit version

Last year I have purchase the new branded Aspire 5920G laptop. The specification of this laptop is to be as Intel’s 1.8 GHz Core2 Duo processor with 2GB DDR2 RAM and 160 GB Hard Disk. This laptop also provide the features like 1280 x 800 pixel resolution TFT display with LAN card etc. At the time of purchasing I have install the 32 bit version windows 7 operating system. Now I have so much listening about the 64 bit operating system. So, can this could be possible that convert the windows 7 from 32 bit into the 64 bit version?

Re: Convert Windows 7 from 32 bit to the 64 bit version

Hey dude, I think you do not briefly know about the 32 bit and 64 bit version of the windows based operating system. Ok, I will tell you that the 32 bit OS is suitable for handling smaller amounts of data presents in the RAM while the 64 bit version of the OS is suitable for the handling large amounts of data presents in the RAM. Normally, the person who need to operate some applications which is to be contain the large amount of data then this person can be install the 64 bit OS. If you use that kind of applications such as oracle then you need to uninstall the 32 bit OS and fresh install the 64 bit OS.

Hey, I have also purchased the same kind of laptop till last two years but I do not need to convert my 32 bit OS into the 64 bit version because I have never needed to handle large amounts of data at a time. I think as per you are mentioning in the problem, may be you does not have been requirement to install the 64 bit OS. I think you use your laptop for just the just individual purpose. So, as per my advise don’t try to do this because this may be create some problem in your laptop OS.

I also faced the same kind of problem. In the last month, I have needed to convert my 32 bit version of windows 7 operating system into the 64 bit operating system. So, that time take advice from lots of my friend and also search this topic on the internet but I have understand that there is not any process presents to convert the 32 bit win 7 to 64 bit win 7 OS. There is only one process presents that is take backup of your data and then fresh install the 64 bit operating system. I have done that process and now I have work on the 64 bit version of the windows 7 operating system.

Hey, I think you need firstly to take the backup of all the data presets in the hard disk. Before starting the process you need to check that whether your laptop configuration support this 64 bit version of the win 7 OS. If it supports then follow the process. Then you should be needed to uninstall the 32 bit windows 7 operating system. After formatting the 32 bit win 7 OS you need to start the freshly installation of the 64 bit win 7 OS. This fresh installation you can be done only using the authorized copy of the 64 bit windows 7 OS.