Thread: Can I boot Win XP from C drive and Windows 7 from D drive?

Can I boot Win XP from C drive and Windows 7 from D drive?

Hello, last year I have purchased the new laptop. In this laptop, the Intel core i7 processor is connected with the SATA 250 GB hard disk is presents. I have installed the windows XP service pack2 on this drive. Now I want to take some experience about the windows 7 operating system. Can this is possible to install both windows XP sp2 and windows 7 operating system on the same hard disk. I have never liked to uninstall the windows XP SP2 operating system. Somebody please help me?

Re: Can I boot Win XP from C drive and Windows 7 from D drive?

Hey Dude, if you are creating the three partitions in the hard disk then it could be possible because Microsoft windows based operating system provide this facility to install different windows based operating system into different drive on the same hard disk. But, remember one think that you should be needed to firstly install the windows XP operating system and then windows 7 operating system. I think this could be necessary to install the window XP operating system. This will also helpful you that whenever your XP sp2 may be crashed in that case you can use the win 7 OS.

Hey, you are trying to install both windows XP sp2 and windows 7 operating system on same hard disk but in different drive that is on drives C: install windows XP sp2 and drive D: install windows 7 operating system. Then this could be possible because in that case both the operating system works very well. But remember always one think that there is not any technique present for which is suitable for boot both OS into same drive. You always need to boot Win XP from C drive or Windows 7 from D drive.

Hey dude, you need some guidelines about the multi boot concept. Multi-boot or Multi-booting is the term which is helpful for installing multiple operating systems on a same computer system and being able to choose which one to boot when starting the computer. Exactly the same term is the dual-booting concept. The term dual-booting is also same which describe that the common configuration of exactly two operating systems. This multi-booting term should be needs the boot loader program. You need to firstly install win XP sp2 then install win 7 and also need to install the boot loader.

Friend I also install the windows XP and windows 7 operating system on my same computer hard disk. This will help me a lot to choose one of the operating system between this two and works on any one operating system. I think you also need to install win XP sp2 and then win 7 OS because if you are install the win 7 OS before the win XP sp2 then it could be possible that you are not able to install later on the windows XP service pack2 operating system.