Thread: How can I search for all files in windows vista by a word or phrase in the standard XP search box?

How can I search for all files in windows vista by a word or phrase in the standard XP search box?

I have installed the Windows vista in the system of the mines. I have also installed Norton antivirus. I have troubles with mine system. I required finding the file that include the word or phrase in the file in the earlier scan standard XP. When I'm looking for the file does not give me the file name, file type and the drive letter later than when I search any discussions. We are not crazy and this search is exactly what we have a team. I do not know how someone is there to solve this problem? Please help me.

Re: How can I search for all files in windows vista by a word or phrase in the standard XP search box?

I have same problem in the system of the mines. In my opinion the distinction in the Windows search is not dependent on the file extension. Here are some steps to search the files in the search box of Windows. First make sure your Windows Vista search the document with the extension. Go to the Start icon on the desktop and then click the search box. In the search box, type the search in the search box in Windows and then press ENTER. Now you will get the files for various programs under this outcome, under which select the Change how Windows searches. Now I change Windows searches select the forward button and then do you select the file type tab. Under this tab make sure the file extension for files to search is in the list and set the properties of index properties and file contents. Finally in the select it and now the problem is resolved. I hope this will help a lot.

Re: How can I search for all files in windows vista by a word or phrase in the standard XP search box?

I'd suggest that you follow these steps so that you can solve your problem. Through this method, Windows XP searches all text file types you specify. This feat can change the search function. To do this:
    • First tick the Start icon on the desktop and go to the search program. Beneath the search program to select the files or folders and below the files and folder go to the modify preferences, and then make choose on the Indexing Service.
    • Later than the one that strike at the turn of Indexing Service Settings (Advanced), now make certain you have not activated the services index.
    • On the toolbar, choose Show / Hide Console Tree.
    • Now in the left pane, a blow to the Indexing Service on Local Computer, then select Properties.
    • Now go to build tab, then do check in the index files with unknown extensions check box, after you finally do hit the OK button.
    • Now shut the Indexing Service console. I hope this will help a lot in solving the crisis.

Essentially perform your search in the folder. Depending on some parameters that can include content to find the "spam" on file * file instead of the word "spam" in the name. Alternatively, if you press the Alt key while you are looking for the folder, you may prefer the option "Tools / Folder Options" and select the "Search" and after that make a hit in the file names "and always ask content. If you've written is actually correct, in my humble opinion, Microsoft has coughed the ball big time on this case. Personally, I recognize now that I can use the search function, and I am installing Cygwin so I can use "grep" for find the file content. I hope this can help a lot.

Under Windows Explorer, which hit in the search box and type in the search box type display according to the existing text you type. The files are display as search results if the search term equivalent files name and label. If you are looking for a file based on a belonging, you can thin your search before you start writing, picking the search box and making a hit on the property just below the search box and it will give more precise consequences. If you are not getting the file of what is out for, you can adjust the entire length of a search; choose one of the options at the bottom of search results. For example, searching for a file in the document library but cannot be found, you can select the libraries to extend the look to other libraries. I hope this guide to find the files.