Thread: While booting the "c:\program files\common" opens

While booting the "c:\program files\common" opens

I am using windows xp on mine system and everything on the system perfectly and yesterday I have updated mine windows xp and after that I restarted mine system but when I logon to mine system I have got this error: "c:\program files\common" opens automatically on the screen. And I have found that there are three folders in this location. Every time when I startup I got this error. Now I don’t know what to do can anyone solve this issue and so that I can solve mine issue.

Re: While booting the "c:\program files\common" opens

I would like to suggest you the following steps and so that you can solve your issue. To do those follow the steps below. Go to the start and then make hit on the computer. Now on the explorer make hit on the tools on the menu and then choose the folder option. Now on the folder option go to the view tab and then scroll down to base and then select the advance setting button. Now under this make uncheck mark on the Restore previous folder windows at logon and after that make hit on the apply and then click on the ok button. I hope this will help you lot.

I have gone through this same issue and I have followed the some steps here and that’s helped me lot. To do this follow below:
    • Go to the start icon on the desktop and then go to the run and under the run type the msconfig and then hit the enter. Now you will get the System Configuration Utility windows under that make following changes.
    • Now beneath the System Configuration be there the General tab, choose the Selective Startup.
    • Now here marking the Load Startup Items check box.
    • Go to the service tab and make a mark in the Hide All Microsoft Services check and then click Disable All button.
    • Once you complete this restart your system and then go through your issue.

I would like to advise you to perform the system restore and so that you can solve your issue. To perform this follow the steps below.
    1. Go to start and then select the all program.
    2. Now under the all program go to the accessories.
    3. After that go to the system tools and then select the system restore.
    4. Now on the system restore application enter the date before the update of windows xp and then enter the all other info and then make hit on the system restore. now once you complete the system restore restart your system and then go through your issue.

x Guest

I have faced the same issue and I would like recommend you following steps and so that you can solve your issue. Go to the start and then make hit on the run. Now under the run type:
    "%userprofile%\Desktop\combofix" /u and then hit the ok button.
    make sure that you have given the space between combofix and /u. Now you will get the combofix folder and then delete this folder and then close this windows and go through your issue.