Thread: How to Restrict Guest Account's Access to My Files

How to Restrict Guest Account's Access to My Files

Hello, I have use the windows vista operating system in the Intel core2 Due processor. Before that I have use the windows XP service pack 2 operating system but after some days I have decided that I need to work on the vista operating system. So, I have installed the windows vista operating system. In that installation time I have created two guest account and one administrator account. But, the administrator account cannot able to restrict the permissions to the Guest account. I need some step by step process which will help for restricting the guest account’s permissions for accessing the administrator’s important files.

Re: How to Restrict Guest Account's Access to My Files

As per you are mentioning in the problem, you need to firstly Open Properties window of the Folder which you want to restrict properties. Then go to the Security tab and click on Edit button. In that window you need to the guest user account into that list. After adding the guest account, then click Check Names button and then click OK button. Immediately go to the Security window and select the guest user account and then click in the first check box under Deny which is “Full Control” and then click OK button. I think your problem might be solved because you got the right solutions.

I think the guest account you designed for users who require temporary access to a computer and don’t need to store their user-specific profile settings permanently. I also faced the same kind of problem. so, that time I have use the tweakui program from powertoys and disable access to everything else for the guest user. It will also disable access to your other drives, etc. I think you need to firstly install this program on the internet and then run it on your computer system.

Users who log on as a guest have a very limited set of permissions but, your computer cannot restrict to access the files and folders created by the administrator account. So, for solving that kind of problem there is so much software present on the internet which will helpful for restrict the accessing permissions. Some of the software you can be helpful for searching are tweakui program from powertoys also the other are freshui also helpful for this kind of solutions.

Hey dude I also faced the same kind of problem. last month I have not able to restrict the guest user account so, I have use the individual folders security assigning solutions but this will does not helpful for multiple folders presents in the system. So, I have used the some code which will be getting me by the internet. This will help me a lot for solving the problem. I think you will find out the correct solutions or might be you have not install the operati9ng system very well so that’s why the problem is occurred.