Thread: Error” No Hard Drive Found “ After Downgrade from Windows 7 RC to Windows XP

Error” No Hard Drive Found “ After Downgrade from Windows 7 RC to Windows XP

I have Compaq desktop computer at my home I am using this computer since nine months. This computer had come with windows 7 operating system installed in it. Everything is working fine with this last night I decide to downgrade my windows 7 to windows XP because my oracle software better run on windows xp. But the problem is that the installation discontinue after the initial display while install thing Windows XP operating system. I get the error message saying that "No hard drive found. Please help me to come out of this problem.

re: Error” No Hard Drive Found “ After Downgrade from Windows 7 RC to Windows XP

From my point of view you need make yourself able to set up unity in the BIOS to heritage SATA drive to do something as an IDE, which will be noticeable throughout the installation process of windows XP operating system. or else you would require to acquire a replica of the SATA drivers and then you need to push F2 as installing windows XP operating system starts, permitting you to make use of the drivers for the installation of windows XP operating system can make out the SATA drive.

re: Error” No Hard Drive Found “ After Downgrade from Windows 7 RC to Windows XP

As per my knowledge this does not seem the problem of the operating system. It is just a coincidence it happen at the time you chosen to install windows XP operating system. This is seemed to be connected to the drive being noticeable as dynamic and thus it is not viewable to the windows XP operating system at setup time where it should be for the installation. I am not getting the thing to make you inform what you have to create to the drive - but I have tried it over the internet. I would speculate if anybody also has experienced this? Hope their suggestion will work. Here I can say you need to change the SATA mode to PATA/SATA mode and then try to install XP . Now you will able to notice the drive.

This problem seems to be related to computer hardware not the software that can be solved if you check the cable connected to the hard drive and another device successfully. May there can be physically damaged or not connected properly. this can be resolved by simply physically open the CPU and rectify the problem of the connection. this may be the most important problem because the machine displays no hard drive message.

may have different problems that can result in not finding hard drive on your computer. as the computer running Windows 7, which is the latest Windows operating system that could be possible that it is able to detect the hard drive because of physical connectivity issue. first try to resolve the underlying problem that may be causing the problem.

Re: Error” No Hard Drive Found “ After Downgrade from Windows 7 RC to Windows XP

Can anybody inform me what the dissimilarity among reinstallation of the operating system and reformat of hard disk? I am having Windows 7 and I intend to entirely get rid of all tools and reinstate the original settings. Ago to reinstall the operating system and reformat the hard drive to delete data files and restore the system as it was when the equipment was purchased? In accumulation, the physical says I can reinstall the operating system by pushing the F8 key frequently when the computer turn on.