Thread: Before login to vista, getting blank screen with only cursor visible on windows vista

Before login to vista, getting blank screen with only cursor visible on windows vista

Now my computer will load up the logon screen should appear, but only displays a blank screen with the mouse cursor in the middle that I can move. One thing that did happen was that once the screen was blank, and escape pushed me and I noticed that the cursor becomes a symbol of the hourglass. And safe mode opens but not functioning correctly, I was reading everything online and had something that said they had the same problem and download Internet Explorer 7 has helped. And a similar problem has been fixed in IE8 has downloaded a Windows update. The type is removed and it was fine since then. Another difference I noticed was the load bar as the window starts before the logon screen. It used to be thick green blocks that crossed the Windows logo. Now this is a very fine yellowish green blocks without Windows logo, as it makes, although it says copy writing company in the bottom windows.

Re: Before login to vista, getting blank screen with only cursor visible on windows vista

I suggest the following steps to restore the system. To perform a system restore and follow the steps below so you can restore your system. First go to the star and then a strike on the search button. Now, under the search button type System Restore and then press the OK button. Now, once you complete the mission that the system restore files results and open the file. Now in the System Restore window, select the date and time that the system is restored and then complete the data of others. Now, once completed it is now a hit on the Finish button to restore the system.

Re: Before login to vista, getting blank screen with only cursor visible on windows vista

I'd suggest that you make the system configuration utility and to be able to solve your problem. To do these follow these steps. First of all close the application and then make a stroke at the start and then go to the search. Now, under the Search box, type msconfig and then click the OK button or press Enter. Currently in the windows system configuration utility that strike in the selective Start check box and then it go to the general tab. Now, under the general tab uncheck mark the check box Load Start-up Items. Once the both now go to the services tab and then make its mark in the Hide all Microsoft services. And after that you select the Disable All button. And finally do hit the OK and restart the system. Hope this helps.

I have this problem on a computer that had been running about 4 weeks. Unlike many of you, I can find absolutely no way to display anything, including logon manager labor, or safe mode. I literally have the black screen of death that sits and sits and sits. Prior this, my computer was in a lot of time because I also used it as the TV. Would enter and exit the sleep easily. When this happened again in early October, I assumed it was a memory problem, simply because I had a prepared question. I went back and replaced the sticks, but nothing has changed. Clearly, this issue was unrelated. Because just by looking at the memory, I really do not notice when or why the problem occurred. Since restarting the computer rarely somehow reminds me of a Windows update and restart. There have been others who have experienced this problem in the same period of time. Also, do not have the printer hooked up, instead of connecting with a USB cable when needed. I had found something on MS about a problem black screen and a file that appears to override the Welcome screen, but since I cannot enter the computer to remove the file you were talking about, does not help. So, how I can solve this problem when I cannot log in, cannot up the task manager and cannot get the computer to boot from the Vista disc?

Recently had the same problem and as if she grew up. But in the end i managed to find the problem. I used the temporary solution simply using Ctrl + Alt + Delete and then restart the browser. After I got started running browse my files and programs in attempts to find a solution. (Every time I think that this is a different solution for each.) Finally I found a virus and I thought my problems were solved. But no luck my death. But unfortunately I was having a problem with the alias and true vector service Zone Alarm. Said he could not start as another program that prevents the opening. And often I have this notice. And like my main firewall. Well after thinking about the meaning of this i finally intelligence to uninstall. A restart is required for what I did and it works perfectly now as before. If anyone else has this problem and has an alarm zone appears a message saying that the alarm zone is starting please wait then I suggest you remove zone alarm and see if it works from there. If this helps, please let me I know how I thought it was going to have to reformat my computer.