Thread: Windows server 2008 deployment

Windows server 2008 deployment

I've read the other threads about windows server 2008 deployment. But my problem is not the same.

Here is the situation (i'll try to be as clear as possible).

I have:

Lan 1:
    1 virtual server windows 2008 with AD, DNS and DHCP.
    1 2ndary virtual windows 2008 with AD, DNS and DHCP (in case the first drops)
    1 virtual server windows 2008 with share and storage management and printer manager (with printers' drivers installed)
    1 virtual server windows 2008 with deployment manager (with images on it)
    1 virtual server mandriva 2010.2 with OCS inventory
    1 virtual server mandriva 2010.2 with share and storage management

Lan 2:
    All clients' computers with automatic DHCP on. They are all in the domain.

Both lans are connected to a built router windows 2008. (i know lots of windows 2008)

The problem that i am having is that the deployment server doesn't deploy because there is no port 60 (PXE Client) on the principal server DCHP. I don't think the principal server DHCP redirects the client computers towards the multicast of the server deployment.
    (Just in case you ask, i've already configure the client's computer bios to boot on LAN first.) Because the server DHCP assigns a @IP to client's computer but the TFTP goes to time out. i figure it was probably because of the DHCP port 60 but i don't know how to resolve that.

The other problem is that the printer server. I've made a GPO in the principal server AD for the printers to deploy on the clients computer. The problem is when i try to deploy the printer from the printers server by adding the GPO but a message shows up saying that the domain does not exist or it didn't respond.

Everything else works. all the clients computers receive a IP@ from the server DCHP no problem. All the virtual servers in LAN 1 are in the DNS. They can all ping among each other.

I've been working on it for one week and i don't seem to go anywhere with it.

Please! Help me.

Re: Windows server 2008 deployment

You will have to look at the DHCP server that you had configured originally. If you compare the two DHCP servers you might find the difference in configuration that is making things difficult. Perhaps you are handing something out that is creating difficulties, or perhaps you are not handing out enough.