Thread: Error code 800F080D with Windows Update KB968930

Error code 800F080D with Windows Update KB968930

Recently I have installed windows vista on mine system and I have tried to update mine operating system but during this time I have got this error:” Windows Update error 8024200d”. First I have downloaded the updates and after that when I install this update I got this error. When I got the error and I was prompted to update the windows and after that I click ok and after that I have got the same error. Now I don’t know how to resolve this error. Can anyone suggest on this issue and so that I can solve mine issue. I have updated the all other update but I am not able to update this one.

Re: Error code 800F080D with Windows Update KB968930

You get this error due to unfinished download and then install. So therefore I would like to suggest you to run the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows to resolve this issue and after that you can solve your issue. To use the tool, follow these steps: Go to the website information Base editorial Information part for advanced users, and is the edition of Windows and enter the system of your computer, and after that hit it the link to download the System Update Readiness tool. To find your edition of Windows, see View your computer information. Now once you complete this now Run Windows Update again.

I would like to suggest you to download the Windows PowerShell 2.0 and WinRM 2.0 for Windows Vista (KB968930) and after that install on it your system and so that you can solve your issue. Go to some official website and then download the Windows PowerShell 2.0 and WinRM 2.0 for Windows Vista. Now once you complete the downloading then select the language from the change language and after that make hit on the change. And after that run the installation and then save the copy the download to your computer for installation at another time. I hope this will help you lot to solve your issue.

I would like to suggest you to perform the system file checker and so that you can solve your issue. To perform this you need to follow the steps below. First go to the start and then make hit on the run. Now under the run type the following and then hit the enter: CMD. Now on the command prompt write the following and then make hit on the enter.
    sfc /scannow
    Now once you complete the scanning now restart your system and then update your windows.

According to me you need to follow the following steps and so that you can solve your issue. To do these follow the steps below. Select the start icon from the desktop and then make hit on the run. Now under the run type CMD and then make hit on the OK. Now on the command prompt type the following and then hit the enter after every command.
    findstr /C:"[SR] cannot repair member file" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >sfcdetails.txt
    Edit sfcdetails.txt

Once you complete this now restart your system and then go through you issue.

I would like to suggest you to reinstall your operating system again and then you can solve your issue. To reinstall the operating system you need to uninstall first and after that you can install it. To uninstall follow the steps below. First click on the start and then go to the control panel. Now under the control panel select the ADD/REMOVE program and then select your operating and after that make hit on the uninstall. Once you complete the uninstall now insert your windows installation CD/DVD and after that follow the steps given by the wizard. I hope this will help you lot to close your issue.