Thread: Why is there no Unallocated Space on my Hard Disk

Why is there no Unallocated Space on my Hard Disk

Guys yesterday I was looking to create some more partition on my hard disk since I had got allot of space available on my C drive and so I wanted to make use of the same to create new partition. So when I go to the disk management to create a extra partition for same I find that there is no space available as such so as to make a new drive, where as I have seen that I have got some 50 Gb free out of the 320 Gb hard disk that I am making use of, so can someone help me to know that why I am not getting the unallocated space so as to develop a drive.

Re: Why is there no Unallocated Space on my Hard Disk

Dude you forgot to mention what operating system you are making use of since I think that if you are making use of Windows Vista so that kind of a option is not available for allocating the space so as to create a new hard drive from the space that you have left on your hard disk with the help of the Disk management and you will have to look for something Windows Xp or Windows 7 so as to carry out create the drive.

Dude make sure that you have got the space that you have been mentioning on your hard disk , since I think that it could be possible that you might not be having that much of a memory and that is why under the disk management you are unable to get any free or unallocated space available, use C cleaner to release some space from the C drive as it some memory might not be using and then also been taken up by the system.

Dude what you do is that you should try to defragment all the drives that are there on your hard disk and then see if you are able to release some portion of the memory being occupied unknowingly. You will have to go to the start menu and then go to programs and then accessories and system tools and from there you will have to select Disk Fragment and select all the drives to fragment, this will help you to remove all the bad portion of the memory and will even release some space from the system.

If you would want to make use of the unused space on C drive for creating another partition you will have to make use of the disk partitioning utility such as Partition Magic (Symantec) or BootIt Next Generation to decrease the size of C drive, thus creating some unallocated space. Once you have done this you will be able to create a new partition in this unallocated space.