Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2011

Unable to access Old user account 'My documents' after reinstalling XP Home

Guys this morning I had some major issue with the windows software that I have had installed few weeks back, what I found that there was this win 32, error that was not allowing my system to restart completely, I had even tried to fix this with the help of the Repair option that is available during the time of the formatting. So after doing the complete formation, I have found that I am unable to access My Documents of the old user account that I have given a special password. I would want to any how access all the data in the My documents so can someone help me to know that how will I be able to do it.
Old 01-04-2011

Re: Unable to access Old user account 'My documents' after reinstalling XP Home

Dude I don?t think so that there is any other way around so as to access any of the user account data that you have kept specially for your personal reasons, since you have formatted the system with the complete installation so what I think that all the password including the different user account that you have made might be gone and that is why there would be no way so as to get the data back.
Old 01-04-2011

Hey what I think if you have kept the folder encrypted with some password or something and if you have done a fresh install of the operating system and wiped out all the data that is there in the C drive so what I think is that the encryption key on that folder might also be lost after the formatting of the C drive since each and every data is stored in the C drive only. So you will not be able to access that folder again even after changing the ownership of the user account.
Old 01-04-2011

Although I am not sure whether it will work or not but then also I would want that you should give a try and see if this can help you to get the files recovered from the system, I would recommend you to make use of the Recover My Files software and run the same and then see if you are able to get the folder that has been deleted from your system, if you are that lucky enough then I think that you will get the deleted files and the folder back.
Old 04-04-2011

Thank you guys for your support but unfortunately none of the solution helped me to get the data back that was there with the other user account, I have made use of the recover my software as well but then also the files didn?t show up. I think that I am the most unlucky person since I have lost all important files and all the data that was very urgent for me.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , ,