Thread: Windows Security Update shows error 8007F0DA

Windows Security Update shows error 8007F0DA

I have been using a computer from the past one year which is running with Windows XP. I have installed a Good antivirus program in it and due to this I didn’t get much issue regarding the security of the computer. However sometime it might be necessary to update the Windows security utility frequently. I went to update yesterday on my computer but the update fails and instead it shows me an error message 8007F0DA. There were several security patches I was eager to update but none of them get updated at all. What can I do for this issue now?

Re: Windows Security Update shows error 8007F0DA

I think that it could be issue with the Antivirus program installed in your computer. However I don’t know what that error means. I have never seen that kind of error before. It is strange to hear that you cannot even update single security patch for windows XP. Have you tried by disabling the Antivirus program? Sometime the antivirus program may not allow you to download any patches regarding the security section. This because the patch will modify the entire Windows security system and the antivirus will think that it is a doubtful program. So it avoids the Windows security update.

It seems to me that you are still using the basic Windows XP or maybe a starter addition. Have you installed or updated the Windows XP to service pack 1 or 2 or 3. The security update might be available only for certain service pack. If the update didn’t find the specific service packs then it will obviously going to fail anyhow. So you need to update the service pack of windows XP before going for the Windows security update.

If your System registry entries have been modified by unknown things then this kind of issues will occur in the system. You can correct it by the use of registry editor. Caution if you make use of Registry Editor wrongly, you might cause somber issues that might need you to reinstall OS. Microsoft cannot assurance that you can resolve issues that consequence from use of Registry Editor inaccurately. To work roughly this problem, look at the Svcpack.log file to discover the registry keys that are causing problem, and afterward adjust the registry keys to provide access to get update.

While updating the Windows security essentials turn of all the applications or unnecessary programs working in the background. Also check the windows firewall has been disabled. Make sure that the antivirus and the third party firewall program allowing you to get the update from the Microsoft. If you are behind the proxy get rid of it first. After all this then go for updating the security essentials in Windows XP. If you still cannot able to update then open the troubleshooting in your computer. It will help you what changes you need to make in order to get the update properly.

I think that you should get the help from Microsoft fixit. It is a unique service from Microsoft which will help you to fix most of the issue regarding the Microsoft Windows operating system. You need to visit that website to resolve your issue. It is some kind of online solution offered by the Microsoft. There is a easy method to get the help from that Fix it service. No matter what thing you use Windows , xbox or other you will get the possible solution there.