Thread: Windows clock keep changing time for Daylight Savings

Windows clock keep changing time for Daylight Savings

The system clock on my windows XP computer will not hang about advanced one hour meant for Daylight Savings Time. Following with reference to one hour it will bind reverse to 1 hour previous. It must have altered automatically in support of DST seeing as I had the system tested, except it didn't, therefore I assumed it strange I had to alter it by myself for DST. However it won't continue altered, it keeps on jumping backward an hour following regarding an hour's time. Does anybody have idea about this strange issue?

Re: Windows clock keep changing time for Daylight Savings

I think that it could be the issue with the BIOS clock in your computer. Sometime the BIOS clock time is acts a default time for your entire system. No matter what time you set in any application, the system will revert it back to the BIOS clock timing. In order to get into the BIOS, press the delete key during the Windows start up. No you will see different BIOS options there. Go to the Bios clock. It seems to me that your Windows operating system is syncing time with BIOS time. For that reason it might be keep resetting.

First of all I urge you to check all of your system services and then observe whether there is any Window Time service is running or not. If so in that case you might need to fix it. If you are on the client side, then it must be fixed on the server side. If you can’t fix that issue in that way then you may need to run the Windows update. I heard that there was a problem with daylight savings in some versions of Windows OS. I heard that later the Microsoft has released a patch to fix this issue. So you should make sure that your Windows is updated and keep on updating. However the update patch is KB931836.

Windows 2000 has approved the finish of Mainstream Support and will not be getting whichever Daylight Savings updates except you have unmitigated Hotfix Support. This indicates your clock will not routinely modify itself intended for Daylight Savings. This relates to Windows XP among Service Pack 1 installed. You can physically alter the Windows Daylight Savings configurations by the use of thetzedit.exe utility. The tzedit.exe tool permits you to make and correct time zone entries in support of the Date/Time settings inside the Control Panel, particularly in favor of daylight-saving time. Windows XP users only need to get latest service pack 2 or later.

I am working as system analyst and still I had this problem. Frequently I head for the actually uncomplicated stuff initial afterward bound to the truly difficult stuff next. On Windows XP Pro computers there was a defaulting preference beneath the "Date and Time Properties" that requisite an easy un-checking a box. Certainly check the time zone, DST box. The repair for me was a 3rd tab "Internet Time." There check a box next to "Automatically sync with an Internet time server. After this set a time according to your needs.

In my opinion I think that it would be better if keep on or automatically sync the time with internet or with ISP time. The system uses internet access to update the time regularly. The system might take the ISP server time otherwise a global time depending on how you set the computer. In this case even if the time resets itself, the computer will automatically or frequently sync with time server to make the system for perfect time. In this situation one thing you will surely need and that is an uninterrupted internet connection.