Thread: STService.exe stopped working on Dell Inspiron 1545

STService.exe stopped working on Dell Inspiron 1545

“STService.exe stopped working” this error message comes regularly in my windows 7 64 bit running Dell inspiron one desktop PC. The system is specified with Intel dual core processor, 3 GB ram, 320 GB hard drive, along with ATI radeon graphics driver. the system was running fine till the last date, but suddenly this problem arrived in my system after log on to the system. I am a college student, and not a technical savvy. So I am here for getting any solution to resolve this issue. Anyone having any idea on this?

Re: STService.exe stopped working on Dell Inspiron 1545

This is system backup file error executable file, and this means your system is unable to automatically backup the system’s file, the backup schedule is not running properly. Of this as per my knowledge there is only solution to overcome from this problem. run the windows repair option and wait till the process completes, insert OS installation disc and then from installation welcome screen click on the repair option. Try it.

The process will be run inside the process of task manager, open it and from the process running drop down list click on the desire one and stop the execution of this process, now from the file, new again start the similar process. I hope from this time it will not create any problem. I was also facing relevant issue after that when i searched on this I found this simply solution, I applied and get relief from the issue.

This is completely occurring for the dell systems, and I don’t think there will be any process works to resolve this issue. So I recommend you to remove the program from program and features list under control panel, and then contact with dell service engineer they will only able to rectify the problem. I got this issue in different web site and almost everywhere I found to contact with Dell.

I am also getting a error message on “STService.exe”, which appears that this process is stopped working, if I click on OK button from the pop up notification screen it vanishes the whole screen task along with the icons. And that time whatever is open in my system it closes automatically. This issue is quite embarrassing me with the process or application execution. I tried with the above mentioned process but it did not help me to overcome. Any other additional information for this problem will be appreciated.

As per my opinion to resolve this issue I would like to recommend you to try once with the system restore option, which might be help you. Though this can be issuing for the installed application for the hardware specification, so before contact with the dell support try this trick. Open start menu and then from accessories>>system tool click on system restore option, terminate the process and then wait till it completes and requires to reboot your system. It will be help you.