Thread: Programs keep freezes after upgrading windows 7 from windows XP

Programs keep freezes after upgrading windows 7 from windows XP

I just upgraded Windows XP to Windows 7. Find irresistible the new operating system, apart from for one major fault. Programs keep freezing on me! Even the window elements, like when I'm browsing through my pictures. There are some programs that always freeze however, as Adobe Bridge and iTunes. Occasionally it will unfreeze, sometimes I have to manually force around them all the way through the task manager. So do not think it is my system doing that (not enough memory, overheating, etc. It must be something internal to Windows.

Re: Programs keep freezes after upgrading windows 7 from windows XP

However, the 2nd generation of new chips from Intel was recalled a few weeks ago. They were on the rampage in late January and a few days later, recalled all Intel CPUs and motherboards with new socket type because there was a known problem with the SATA controller. Because the new arena CPU Bridge is the problem, this may be your problem. When you buy the CPU? Was fine when it left? In addition, I recommend putting the CPU clock to stock and see if the blockade continues. Then, run memory tests on memory and run some tests on the hard drives to see if anything is damaged. You can also try a clean install of Windows.

From my thoughtful of the recall, it's not the processors themselves, but the P67 and H67 chipsets that are put into operation on the motherboards. And the motherboards are creature call to mind, not the processors. I pay for mine a week after the release, so it was the first produce, for the most part likely. My motherboard has four Sata3 inputs and two Sata2 inputs (in addition more, however these are the ones located within the case). The "glitch" for the recall is among the Sata2 controller corrupting over time. I have the whole thing hooked up to the Sata3 ports EXCEPT intended for my DVD burner, which is on the Sata2.

You can in addition attempt to disconnect all of your Western Digital hard drives and presently run off your SSD installed and observe if the problem continue. The basic rule of troubleshooting is difficult to isolate the trouble, and then repair it. Do the similar thing you did through the hard drives to every stick of RAM as well and every piece of hardware until you find where the difficulty located, and then you will discover it is a whole set easier.

I have four sticks of 4 GB of RAM. It might easily be probable that one of these sticks is defective. I have the operating system loaded on the SSD. And that's the only thing that loads into your reality, except as related to the operating system (graphics drivers, etc) and programs that have the unit default to "C", like some files from iTunes / Copies security. All my other programs are loaded into one of the WD hard drives. So it would not be able to test the software freezing as soon as I disconnected the hard drive, apart from when browsing throughout photos, documents, etc on Windows. But freezing hardly ever happens when match up to the programs.

Yes, first you can make an effort with a test burn. This is the most excellent I've used, called PassMark BurnIn test. This will run the whole thing at 100% load, but for the examination, only allowed a period of 15 minutes and show you approve or not, after the entire test. It also gives a detailed record of how everything went during the tests. For the memory test, you can use MemTest, which is good. I, however, recommended running the burn-in test with all the hardware installed, and run MemTest with a bar of RAM in the slot, so if that happens, swap RAM to stick with the other, and so - on.