Thread: How to Restore Toshiba Satellite laptop to factory settings on windows vista

How to Restore Toshiba Satellite laptop to factory settings on windows vista

I have recently bought a new Toshiba satellite laptop which is running on Windows Vista OS. Yesterday this laptop for infected by a virus and because of that I cannot boot to Windows. I dont have any important data saved in this laptop and therefore I am looking to do a factory restore to this laptop. The problem is that upon booting I am getting a black screen with a cursor and nothing else on the screen. So if anyone know how to restore this laptop, please let me know about it. Thanks

re: How to Restore Toshiba Satellite laptop to factory settings on windows vista

You can easily do a factory resest on your toshiba laptop by following this steps. First gold power button for 10 seconds to switch off your laptop. After that press and hold 0 key and at the sam time you need to press the power button once to turn on your laptop. When you hear the laptop beeping then release the 0 key. You will get a warning screen so here choose Yes to continue with the system recovery. After that choose Recovery of Factory Default Software and then click Next. After that choose Recover to out of box state and then click Next to Start Recovery.

re: How to Restore Toshiba Satellite laptop to factory settings on windows vista

If the above solution doesnt work then copy all your files and documents to an external storage and then shut down the computer. After that turn on the laptop again and press F8 to get the Advanced Boot Option screen. Now here you have to click "Repair Your Computer" incase you are not already on it and then press Enter. After that select your country and click ok. Now, go to "System Recovery Options Screen" and then click "Restore Application" which is the last option. When prompted then click on Full Factory Recovery and then click Next and click Yes. Once the recovery completes then click Finish.

I have a similar issue. My parents have the P205D satellite. It was running vista and just plain terrible. I installed XP - but after the install it was missing half of the drivers. Toshiba's site does not show support for XP drivers. Anyone know where to go to get them? I need the LAN and wireless, USB and VGA....pretty much everything.

Thanks