Thread: Stuck at sign-in loop in Windows XP

Stuck at sign-in loop in Windows XP

I am having the windows XP installed on my computer. It was working fine from a long time and never showed me any problem like this but now I have started facing some problem with that. Actually whenever I try to sign in to my computer with the password that I have set then it shows me that it is loading the account and after that it again comes on the same login screen. I am sure that my password is correct as I have not changed that from a long time. There is surely some other problem with that. If you can tell me that what is the problem with that then it will be really a great help from you. So if you have any suggestion for this please let me know about that. Thank you!!!

Re: Stuck at sign-in loop in Windows XP

When it shows you the login screen then just press the alt + ctrl + del button and that will show you a new dialog box with the fields as user name and Password. Type that accordingly and make sure that they are correct. After typing that, press enter button and that will start your computer in normal Windows XP mode. So before moving to any of the other solutions, please give it a try and see what it can do for you. Thank you.

Have you tried to start the computer in safe mode? If not then you can try it once. When you start the computer then keep on pressing the F8 key from your keyboard. When you do that then it will show you a new screen with one of the options as”safe mode”. Select that option and press enter button. This will start your computer in safe mode. Once you entered in the safe mode then change the password that you have set. After doing that, reboot your computer and this time try to start the computer in normal XP mode with newly assigned password and see if that can help you.

I would like to ask you that whether you are working on the network? If that is the case then you can try to do the workstation logon and see if that is allowing you to login to the system. How many users are there on the network? You can also try to login as a different user on that computer and try to create the user account once again. I am saying you to do this because it is possible that the profile that you are using might be corrupted.

There might be some of the problem with the operating system (Windows XP) that you have installed on your computer. Some of the files of that may be corrupted and that is the reason that you are facing the problem like this. My suggestion to you is to repair the Windows XP and see if that can solve the problem. To do that, just boot from the Windows XP CD and when it ask for the type of the installation then you will have to select Repair. After that you will not have to do anything and issue will be resolved.

Repairing the system will be a good option for you but I think that there are very less chances that it will resolve the problem that you are facing. If you have tried all the other possible solutions for this and that is not able to solve the issue for you then there is only one option left for you and that is to do the clean installation of the Windows XP. But make sure that this is your final action for this.