Thread: After leaving computer off, my System files become corrupt

After leaving computer off, my System files become corrupt

I just built a new computer and I installed Windows 7 and it worked well throughout the day. It closed the next morning sooner than going to job and while I got home afterward I have lots of messages about work processes and not damaged system files. Wouldn’t even stay on for a long time. Later format and install Windows XP, which worked very well this weekend, but when it goes before going to work on Monday and returned home later I have the same problem. I did several restarts, I was working and it was not anything bad, but when it was off for a period of time that I was wrong on both operating systems. What's happening?

Re: After leaving computer off, my System files become corrupt

I had this occurred to me a pair of weeks before and broken up being the memory controller on the motherboard, but in order to assist we necessitate knowing the specifications of your system, the problem cannot be the same as mine. Also, how old is the system? Check the hard disk pack HDTune SMART data and after that happens. Also the reference unit and let us know what the max / min / average write speed and access time.

I am on my old computer right now; I can just put the HD back in it and run the tests? I'm not sure I should be doing anything in the new one without reinstalling the operating system the way it works, it seems that most drivers are totally screwed it. The obvious first I would check first is to check the memory a program like memtest86. Make sure the test run when the computer is cold and has been out for a long time and run overnight.

Here I just want to add something. I also have the same problem and I went into the BIOS and check the smart capability was enabled, but when I try to make an intelligent review Sea Tools says the test is not available. I tested the BIOS Smart steps, and said it happens. The Sea Tools tests are only lets me run the generic and I did the short and the pass. Never say anything in the state of health in tune HD.

The way I read if the hard disk has been removed causing the problem (as indicated by SMART is fine), then the trouble must be because the wrong data is written on your hard disk by the processor, which case the defective memory might be the cause. Windows 7 is much more serious of the report that other operating systems and a team that can work fine with Windows XP error in Windows 7, if there is any problem with memory. Besides it would not injure or cost you anything to sprint a memory test program like memtest86.

I ran memtest86 ram stick in DIMM1 # 1 of 15 passes and got 0 errors. The suit read as 666MHz (ddr1333). I then ran stick # 2 in the slot and have an error in the fifth pass. The stick that read as 200MHz (DDR400). I ran stick # 2 in slots 1 is coming and I have an error in the 3rd step in the same direction. The stick that read as 666MHz (ddr1333). Never overclocked the ram. I will run another test of this evening. I think it was a bad stick of ram. Since taking bad ram stick I have not had any problems.

When I installed Java for Windows 7, there was a different version for Windows 7 than older versions of Windows- if you didn't switch back to the older version of Java that corresponds to Windows XP and not Windows 7 you will have ongoing problems with corrupted system files and other system issues. Try fixing that by going to Sun's website and downloading an older version of Java before attempting any fixes of memory chips or other (most likely) unnecessary headaches.