Thread: Cannot install Windows Vista

Cannot install Windows Vista

Currently, I am having the Windows XP install on my computer but I want to take experience of the Windows Vista as well and so I need to install the Windows Vista on my computer. But I am facing some problem while installing that. Whenever I to to install that to my computer then on the final step where it show me the message which says "completing installation", I get a blue screen after that and it reboot my computer. One this is done then it keeps on repeating this thing. Can you please tell me that how can this issue be resolved. Thank you so much in advance for reading and replying to this post.

Re: Cannot install Windows Vista

The very first possibility that comes in my mind is that the Windows Vista CD from which you are trying to install is not proper and that is the reason that it is showing you the problem like this. So if you want to confirm that possibility then the best thing that you can do is to take a new bootable Vista CD and then try to install that from this CD. If the problem was due to the bad installation disk then this time you will not get any of the problems like this. This is the first thing that you need to do in the conditions like this.

There might be some of problems with the hard disk that you are having on your system. If you want to get out of this then you can try to use the DBAN and clear the drive. Once you are done with this then you can go for the installation of the Windows Vista. It is a boot disk independent methodically cleans the hard disks of the majority of the computers. DBAN will mechanically and totally remove the contents of every hard drive you can identify, that makes it an suitable service for the mass obliteration of data otherwise emergency.

No need to reformat the disk in advance. Vista is able to install in free space and doing a format in the process. When you start Windows Vista in the first place, unzip the image file on the DVD and write files on the hard disk for installation. The problem is that is does not seem to get to the hard disk. My opinion on this point is that you have a SATA hard drive no, PATA, and vista does not load the SATA drivers within the installation. If the drive is a SATA (and any recent machine that is capable of being that), you will have to find the SATA drivers (for Vista) to the motherboard, saving to a floppy or USB flash drive, and boot from the DVD, press F6 to load SATA drivers.

The basic question is whether this is a problem with the DVD or a problem with your optical drive. First, make sure you have a DVD-ROM drive and not just a CD-ROM. The latter cannot read a disc for the first time. With this starting set, Windows XP, insert the Vista DVD, open My Computer and see if the drive icon or changes remains the same. If you double click it and tell us exactly what, if anything, happens. After that has been recorded, remove the Vista DVD and try to insert other types of DVD (not CD) you may have and see if your computer is able to access it. If you can access other DVDs, but not seen one, I returned to Best Buy as defective. They cannot refund your money, but you can change the DVD to another. If DVDs others do not, however, I would bet that either is only a CD-ROM or is it a DVD-ROM drive that goes bad.

The laser on a CD-ROM is in fact incompetent of reading a DVD because of its operation on a dissimilar frequency, so it's not probable to determine the difficulty by installing particular software/driver/adapter. That will provide you by means of following options:
    • buy a DVD-ROM drive and restore your present CD-ROM drive through it.
    • Call Microsoft and notice if you can arrange a set of Vista CDs. They do contain CD versions intended for those devoid of DVD-ROM drives; therefore it's just a subject of getting somebody to assist you. You would still utilize the product key which came by means of the DVD you buy.
    • Get the DVD, in conjunction with the computer and have them to install Vista. They charge something for that installations, although, they are having a support for those who buy Vista.

Igor Rass Guest

Cannot install Windows Vista

Hi guys . I m using my computer with 80 gb hard disk and 1 gb ram . I cant install window vista . Help me please .
    Thanks...........

Quote Originally Posted by Igor Rass View Post
    I m using my computer with 80 gb hard disk and 1 gb ram . I cant install window vista .
    Are you getting any specific error while installation ? If yes, what is that? Also what are the other configuration of your system ? make sure it meets all the system requirements for Vista. Here it is:
    • 1 gigahertz (GHz) 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
    • 1 gigabyte (GB) of system memory (512 megabytes (MB) for Home Basic)
    • 40 GB hard drive with at least 15 GB of available space (20 GB for Home Basic)
    • Support for DirectX 9 graphics with WDDM and 128 MB of graphics memory (32 MB for Home Basic)
    • DVD-ROM drive
    • Audio Output