Thread: How to Clone Ubuntu Drive?

How to Clone Ubuntu Drive?

Hi everyone,
    I have newly decided to perform a Ubuntu install subsequent to thinking regarding it for long time. Unluckily the 40GB drive that decided to install is giving me the warning regarding imminent failure abruptly subsequent to doing the installation. At the time, it is working fine but giving the slow performance. I am having the Primary Master drive for Ububtu and the Primary slave boots into XP. I am not having the partition or OS manager. So I have determined to clone the drive to a different drive of an additional manufacturer. Problem is that, I don’t know that how can I do that. If you have any idea that how can it be performed then please let me know that.

Re: How to Clone Ubuntu Drive?

If you are very new to the Linux and have the Windows XP to run on master HD as well as Ubuntu on the slave connector from the second hard drive. Then have an option to boot when you strike the ON switch and afterward you must turn around as well as stroke on the back for the reason that I believe you have carried out a wonder. I just load by means of Windows on the similar HD Or two Linux lying on the similar HD.

I am still not getting the dissimilarity between cloning and copying directly. What is the brand of the drive you are trying to pass? I went to their website and download the latest version of Disk Utility. Burn a disc. There should be a bootable CD. Disconnect the Windows drive, connect the replacement drive, make sure the bridges are allowing the BIOS to see both drives, and toss the disk utility. There must be given an alternative to copy the data from the old drive to the most recent. I think it would work. Your GRUB error can be anything, but if it was working before it should work with a copy of the original.

I do not believe that it is a wonder because the UBUNTU install between is on the master as well as XP is the slave. I did that intentionally since I recognize that more current systems contain a boot menu on power on to choose the boot source. For me, I must select the drive to boot from in BIOS that is an ache but efficient. The boot drive is mechanically recognized as the "C:" drive since it boots there. You valor need to note that I initially installed UBUNTU and after that XP so as to make sure that I have the correct boot flavor. Just downside is that I cannot take out the damaged HDD and boot to XP.

Many of the times, it is significant to perform that for the reason that of concealed data that is accessed through programs. If it gets put within the incorrect place, the whole thing crashes since it cannot discover the data. A Copy is not more than that. You take something as of one place and heave it elsewhere devoid of thinking. It is similar to copying the boot.ini of the C: drive toward d:\backup. It can be helpful when you change the one drive through the other.

I think your idea can work on the appropriation of the Utilty, I think it's about having the right program that recognizes the Linux partitions. Spirit uses DOS, which in turn does not recognize NON-DOS partitions correctly. So what I'm looking for is the correct way to boot into a linux environmet and cloning of one unit to another. Cloning hard drive is something I've been doing for years, the cloning of Linux is something I have to learn to do now!