Thread: Failed installation of security update KB2481109

Failed installation of security update KB2481109

Hello everyone my problem is I cannot install updates and KB2481109 on my Windows vista sp2. I have manually downloaded from Microsoft but still give me the same error. Make sure the Cryptographic service is running on this computer" KB2481109 In the message "Setup Not verify the integrity of the file Update.inf Make sure the Cryptographic service is running on this computer" Any suggestions so they can be installed? Are security updates, so I am interested to install. Thanks in advance and greetings.

Re: Failed installation of security update KB2481109

my problem is this, I've assembled a new computer and I get a new Vista operating system, and XP was preinstalled in my system. So after that I had assembled my new computer, I wanted to install windows Vista. This was also all good, until I restart the computer after installation. After the reboot, the Vista startup screen appears where I adjusted all the settings and creates the first user account. But this did not appear, instead, the screen stayed black for hours, because in this I received no signal from the computer. I waited about an hour I thought that the installation at some point goes on. When I came back the screen was still black and I pressed the reset button. Since then, I get on startup of Vista more about this error message: "The installation was canceled and has failed, please restart the computer and try again." After the restart, same message. Also when booting from the Vista CD this error message. I hope someone can help me. For me, as only one way out, namely to remove the hard drive completely but as no operating system? Googling too failed.

I am not a perfectionist; this is the new computer but no matter to activation. If you try on it first time with the installation of XP. If everything works the first time then, yes you can from the Vista CD install and start everything new. I had made so because my XP CD has also said that they did not know my new system. I know it is looking like very stupid solution but really it works in my case. So just try it.

I would like to help, and that my son had the same problem man. The following must be clear, I am not responsible for it but it works.
    1. Your computer must be designed for Vista, very important.
    2. Following the CD in the drive and drive down your computer.
    3. Remove the jack from the hard drive (power supply) from just the other not.
    4. Now restart the computer when the CD will start off the image of the CD, then if you close the current supply to the hard drive again.
    5. It should then start the program from the CD, there would then Formatting or deleting disk go to Clear, and install the program.

For me it has run functions that way, and the computer without flaws. Sounds like an adventure, but who does not ventured nothing gained, or something.

So I have now managed to install Vista. Follow this if anyone has the same problem:
    - I have installed Vista from the DVD until it comes to the black screen after restart.
    - Then I restarted the computer and booted directly from the DVD. When they released the menu of the installation DVD, I have chosen the option for system management (or something like that) and then check the memory can be.
    - After the check was complete and no errors were found, the computer will restart and then went on the Vista installation.

I have also one solution through which you will be able to get the solution for your issue. To do it faster, it would be necessary to use an installation DVD for Vista SP2. We'll try a few basic operations:
    • check the disk status

- Right-click the disk icon
    - Select Properties
    - Select the Tools tab
    - Click on Check Now
    - Tick the 2 boxes
    - Click on Start

• do a scan with anti-virus
    • do a scan with Malwarebytes's
    • control the system by SFC / SCANNOW

I tried the basic operations - unfortunately I could not solve the problems of Windows Update - install updates always ends in failure and my computer seems very slow. Could you tell me where / how I could get a DVD of Vista SP2? If you have any idea about it so please tell me on this as soon as it is possible for you guys. Thank you in advance for your reply.