Thread: Windows 7: Getting message “Unable to access the Windows Installer service”

Windows 7: Getting message “Unable to access the Windows Installer service”

I use windows 7 Pro (SP1) 64bit. Since 2 weeks I have the message: "Unable to access the Windows Installer service" when installing drivers for various components (printer, network disk, etc.)
    • Do you have an idea?
    • I hope not to reinstall everything.
    • Thank you in advance for your help.

Re: Windows 7: Getting message “Unable to access the Windows Installer service”

If you want solution for this then you can go for this. Trying to re-register Windows Installer by following method
    • Enter cmd in the search box above the Windows button
    • Simultaneously press Ctrl + Shift + Enter
    • msiexec / unreg
    • validate
    • msiexec / regserver
    • validate

I am also getting issue in this when I try from CD or from the network, or else where to start the installation I get after a little time this error message = "The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur when Windows is running in safe mode, or if the Windows Installer was not installed properly .....". I have already tried various attempts to solve them, but all were no success: For example:
    msiexec.exe /unregister msiexec.exe / unregister
    msiexec / regserver
    Now it is not even the online update, which is now already in the pants. I already have installed too much to throw it down again. Greetings and thank you in advance!

I get the following message: The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur when Windows is running safe mode on or if the Windows Installer was installed correctly not. How do I find out whether I have Windows in "safe mode" execute or what to do otherwise? So what should I do in order to get rid from this matter? And for this I just want to thank you guys in advance.

Here's what I've done I have installed a prog that an update of the Windows installer service required. The installation failed due to a meaningless error message. Whenever I want to install a program now, that requires the WinINSTALL, I get the following error message: "The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur when Windows is running safe mode on or if the Windows Installer was installed not correctly" Then I once installed the service pack 3, in the hope to find in it a more recent version has not helped. How can I uninstall Installer, fix the Windows? It's a way somehow to override ... or what else might help? Or is there an equivalent tool mitdem future I can work around the WinINSTALL?

To fix this matter I have one solution so if you want then you can go for this and fir that you have to make use of the msconfig tool to ensure that the installation service is running
    1. Click Start, click Run.
    2. In the Open box, type msconfig. Then click OK.
    3. Select the Services tab check the box next to Windows Installer.
    4. Click OK and then Restart to restart my computer to the new.
    5. Install Office again. If you are prompted, enter the product key, and then click Next.

Only this much you have to do in order to get rid from this issue. I am sure you will get fix for your issue.