Thread: Gcc compilers are not able to run the C++ program in ubuntu

Gcc compilers are not able to run the C++ program in ubuntu

Hello guys, I had recently got an laptop having an configuration of AMD ZM-82 processor and ram of about 4GB, the problem that I am facing is in the GCC GNU compiler for C++. I had recently purchased it online and I am not able to install it in the laptop. I had recently read the manual and the tutorials that were present but I was not able to fix these things, also the other issue is that I am not able to view any of the compiler libraries in it, neither the one which I know that is present in it. So now how to come out of this problem, any solution for it.

Re: Gcc compilers are not able to run the C++ program in ubuntu

I just went through your problem and I had seen that most of the people had same kind of issues that you are facing, I have also seen that most of the compilers has some kind of the issue in the Linux, I too had the same problem in the Ubuntu 10.10 in the laptop, but I was able to fix the problem, if you want the compiler for C++ then you have to go for the compiler of that language only, you cannot go for the other similar language like ā€œCā€. any program in the laptop can be stored in the form of files, the naming of the file do play an important role in it. Whenever you compile the program it is the file name which is checked by the compiler, and for the libraries which you are searching for can be seen in the package libstdc++, see to it that this libraries is been installed in the laptop and they are not been corrupted accidentally.

I too had the similar problems that you were facing, in my I was thinking that the file which had to stored in the computer was in the extension of .c and not .cpp file, I did that and guess what that is not working for me, even tries downloading the extra packages and the higher version as it was giving some error in the previous version, but the error was eliminated in the higher version, still I was not able to compile the program that I wanted to do. So now what to do as the above solution does not help me in solving the problem that I am facing.

Did you know that GCC is a c compiler, yes my friend that why you have to be very sure of what you are doing, right now you are executing an C++ program with an almost C compiler, hence it will not run your program only. You require an C++ compiler that you have to install in your computer, also the header that you have include in your program will be of no use because it will be not recognized by the C compiler as you are provided by the error message in the output or during compile time.

I too had a similar kind of a problem as it was very difficult in the laptop to run the program. I was trying to run a program with the C compiler which was wrong and also it was not compatible with it, also I have seen that the program of C++ is an upgraded version of the C, but the way of expressing the content and also the concept is far too similar, so that why the error was occurring just try to install the correct compiler as it is the main component in running the program in the laptop.