Thread: Fixing windows xp problem with Knoppix

Fixing windows xp problem with Knoppix

Hi, I am having some of the problem in the windows xp, the error that is been present in the windows xp is something that is not understood by me. And I tried various thing to come out from it but nothing is possible right now, so I was just wondering that will Linux or something equivalent system that are present in the internet will help me to come out from the problem that I am facing, please help me in this thing and also give the suggestion that I will be required.

Re: Fixing windows xp problem with Knoppix

The thing you are asking is somewhat very strange but it is one way that will help you to come out from the problem depending on the intensity and the complexity of the problem that is been present . but the way the knoppix works is it just give you the basic setting that will help you to go in the hard drive without going in the hard drive and storing itself in it. So if the problem is somewhere apart from the hard drive then it will not work at most of the time. You can say that it is just like the utility tool that will help you to clear the error in it.

The thing is that the use of the knoppix live cd will not help you in most of the cases, if the problem that you are facing because most of the time it is just like a tool that will help you to get all the data from the hard drive when you want to retrieve the data before formatting the hard drive. Also the thing is that the Linux will help you to getting the partition that is bee present in the hard disk to be properly work and also it will not help you in formatting the hard drive. Also I have noticed that if the file system that are present on the hard drive is in the FAT file system then it is possible that you can read the file that is been present in it. But if you do anything with the NTFS file system then there is a possibility that there will be some serious damage present in the hard drive.

Dude the live cd of knoppix that you are talking about is way too older version, according to me I think that the new version that are present in the internet are such that it will help you write the file which can be of any of the format like NTFS or FAT file system, so just use the latest version of the live cd so that it will help you in gaining more information and the help that you want from it. Also I think that the alternative method that is present with the windows which do not require the help of the Linux in it. But get this thing in your mind that you can use Knoppix when the drive that is present requires the repartition or the reformatting in it but not for restoring the files that are present in it.

As you use the knoppix for the first time, it will give some of the error, but as you get familiar with it, it is really easy to use. I have seen that the knoppix when it is used place all the icon for each of the drive that is been present in the system, once you click any of the drive that is been present in the icon then a folder will be appeared and this will consist al the information present in it in the form of files and folders, so just copy the whole content in to the required folder that is been present and you wasn’t to go there. It will be tuff for some time as it is new concept and it will take time to overcome the problem.