Thread: Double processes in the Task Manager

Double processes in the Task Manager

Friends, I am having the Windows Vista operating system installed on my computer. There is no problem in any of the processing on the system but there is only issue with the Task Manager. Whenever I open the Task manager in that then I can see same process two times listed on that. Like given below:

exec.exe netzero
    exec.exe netzero

3cmlink.exe unknown to me
    3cmlink.exe unknown to me

sidebar.exe vista's sidebar
    sidebar.exe vista's sidebar

soundman.exe realtek audio
    soundman.exe realtek audio

This is seemed to be very strange. Am not able to understand that why it is showing me that and how can I remove that from my computer. If you know that how can resolve the issue then please let me know about that. I will be thankful for all the replies for this.

Re: Double processes in the Task Manager

As you have mentioned about the soundman.exe realtek audio process then I would like to tell you that you can try to kill that process from your computer and check whether sound still functioning? If it still functioning then possibly you can securely uninstall that from your computer otherwise you can just put down it there because it won't take lot of memory of your computer.

You are also having the problem with the menu bar then I consider that you are talking about the menu bar that is there on the top of the explorer. If that is true then you can try the following to see if that is able to help you. Try clicking the Tools menu, click Folder Options. Click the View tab in the Folder Options. Now try to uncheck the Always show menus. Click OK. Is it working now?

There might be some of the virus in your system that is creating the issues for you. If you want to check that then you should scan the computer with the help of some antivirus and see if that is able to help you. Install any good antivirus in your computer and update the antivirus from internet. Scan the whole system with that and then clean all the files from there which are detected as infected. I hope that this will solve the issue for you.

you can delete the program folder there, but just be sure to check inside there, if there are other programs installed yet. May contain other software or something inside the folder. In general, all the folder size zero and small folder can be deleted, and be sure to check the folder and the associated programs before deleting. Please reply ba ck if that is able to help you so that other users who are searching for the same can get a clear idea from it.

I would give him an opportunity that otherwise you can try to uninstall the sound driver and remove the ATI Catalyst and try to install the stand alone driver for the video card. Once you stop vomiting Vista error message, install the sound card and go to Device Manager and install only the card driver. See if that helps. Failing that you can reset the CMOS (using the driver's manual) by default and will reset the BIOS for you.