Thread: Cannot download Windows update and adobe flash player on Acer 6930G laptop

Cannot download Windows update and adobe flash player on Acer 6930G laptop

I'm having teething problems with my new laptop Acer 6930G UP premium 32-bit Vista. I cannot do windows update or I can download the new version of Adobe Flash Player. Mcafee has pre-installed and tried with the firewall disabled, but still not good. The lack of support from Acer and Microsoft is really amazing. This should be a common problem but I've been trying for over a week to order. If you can then, please help me. I'm pretty sure it's not a virus or trojan or whatever, and it was so out of the box. I received error code 80072ee2 when trying to update Windows.

Re: Cannot download Windows update and adobe flash player on Acer 6930G laptop

There might be many reasons for the issues like this and I am going to tell you one of the most possible reasons for this. I would like to inform you that Windows Update Web site is assigned an IP address in the hosts file on the computer. Microsoft does not suggest any entry to the Windows Update Web site in the HOSTS file since the IP address for the site may change. Note: This problem has been reported by means of Internet development programs (for example TweakMASTER DNS) which can put in entries to HOSTS file devoid of your knowledge. Other than this, you can also check if the MTU setting on the router is so high or low.

It is also possible that the firewall that is set on your computer otherwise the local network is coming in the way of the connection and that is the reason that you are getting the problem like this. If you have any of the protection like this then my suggestion to you is to disable that protection first and after that try to do the update. If the problem is due to that protection then this time it will be downloaded without any problem. I wish that this will help you.

A simple answer, but it is the one that works in many circumstances. Test to determine if your Internet connection prevented from reaching the Windows Update Web site. To do this, visit the following Microsoft Windows Update Web site to determine if you can download the file Iuident.cab. If a file download dialog box, the problem is not with your Internet connection. Click Cancel. If you cannot connect to this link, and get a "page cannot be displayed" error message, the Internet connection is prevented from reaching the Windows Update site.

Reconfigure otherwise update the firewall program on your computer may also be a possible solution and good for this problem. For Windows Update is not blocked, and then attempt to upgrade the computer over again by use of the Windows Update. For information regarding how to reconfigure otherwise update the firewall program, see the documentation that incorporated by means of the program. You can also take help of the help files designed for your program otherwise make contact with the technical support section of the manufacturer.