Thread: Wireless Network Connection icon not visible on System Tray

Wireless Network Connection icon not visible on System Tray

I am using Windows Vista with internet explorer 7 on my system. I used to have an icon in the notification area that showed the signal strength and wireless network connection when you clicked on it. Now that icon has disappeared and I am not able to find it back. I have not changed anything recently on my computer, at least not intentionally. So I have no idea what might have caused it to disappear. Can anyone tell me how do I get it back? Thanks

Re: Wireless Network Connection icon not visible on System Tray

Try to open Network and sharing Center by clicking on Start and then typing Network and Sharing in Search box and pressing Enter. Now click on Change adapter settings link in the top left of navigation area. After that right click network connection you want to enable to disable for power management and then click Properties and click Configure. On the power management tab clear the check box for Allow computer to turn off this device to save power. Similarly you can also try to enable Wake on Lan for all wake methods of just enable magic packet of Wake of Lane as well.

Re: Wireless Network Connection icon not visible on System Tray

Can you try to check the status of Wlan Auto Config service in the services.msc area. To do this click on Start and then in Search box type services.msc and then press Enter. After that search and double click on Wlan AutoConfig Service and incase you get a Configuration Manager message then click ok. Now, go to the Startup Type list and then click Automatic and ok. Now close the services and then restart your computer to take affect.

You can also try to open the Internet Connections troubleshooter by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting. Under Network and Internet, click Connect to the Internet. If you can't connect to a computer on your home network, or on a corporate network, there might be a problem with your computer's network adapter. To solve this problem, follow the methods given on this website - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...roubleshooters