Thread: Error "This computer does not have a wireless network adapter installed or configured" on windows vista.

Error "This computer does not have a wireless network adapter installed or configured" on windows vista.

I am not able to internet and access file shared on my network. I am getting a error "This computer does not have a wireless network adapter installed or configured". I got this error on a new laptop. It able to detect the network through wifi but it is unable to work properly through lan port. Can anyone help me to fix this thing. What can be the issue with this new system.

You have to re-install the driver for your lan port to fix this thing. Or else it will not work. Just go on the official website of your laptop manufacturer. And download the latest ethernet drivers. Then install the same on your pc and that will be quiet enough to fix the issue. You can check in device manager whether the adapter is properly installed or not. This is a just a problem of outdated drivers. You don't have to worry about any hardware issue.

After checking the driver thing you have to verify that your lan port is working fine or not. For that you can connect your laptop to the lan port. Then launch cmd and try to ping a website. The command for that is ping google.com -t. Hit enter after that. If you don't get any respond then your system is unable to connect to internet. Try to ping the lan adapter. The command for that is ping 127.1.1.1 -t. If you don't get any respond then the lan adapter is not working.