Thread: How to enable playing the sound from the line in through the speakers

How to enable playing the sound from the line in through the speakers

Hello friend I got a question in my mind. I am putting that question on this forum. If any have the answer please post on this forum. Is it any way likely (using a registry hack maybe?) to allow singing the sound from the line in through my 4.1 I-ball speakers? I am using windows vista operating system. I looked for it on the internet and found some drivers allow it with registry hacks, but is there any easy or better solution please let me know. Any kind of suggestion would be appreciated my friend.

Re: How to enable playing the sound from the line in through the speakers

It is not an option at this point in Windows Vista to enable this feature. Will have to be an option that is enabled on your driver sound card and software. If desired, check the Creative website and see if they have an updated driver or software package that could add the functionality you are looking for. Please inform me if you have any other query. Thanks.

I have the similar problem too. A occasionally record myself playing guitar, and leads me to more than a few tests to adjust the volume and some hardly audible recordings. I also use software to apply some real-time effects and audio delay, distortion and others (such as Guitar Rig software.) How is it that Vista does not have an option to allow that? Microsoft guys do not understand that some equipment and software costs hundreds of thousands of dollars by turning this feature become useless? Somehow I managed to listen to what is plugged into my line input, even without recording. But still I cannot find a way to Guitar Rig apply sound effects I want, when I plug in my guitar.

I found this option to allow general. I connected my phone via input line and searched for a while (Windows 7). So what happened is that u go into the control panel, click sound, then the search of incoming line power, set as default recording device, click Properties and go to listen, then, check to listen to this device. And now you can listen to music through your device to your PC speakers. I do not know how it would work with a microphone or something.