Thread: Windows Vista Freezes 5 minutes after login

Windows Vista Freezes 5 minutes after login

I have searched for this on internet but not found any of the similar thread for this. So here is the actual problem that I am facing with this. Whenever I start up my PC then it shows me the login screen. When I login to the system then after around 5 minutes, my computer gets freezes. All the hardware attached to it like keyboard, Mouse stops working. I am not able to do anything after this. Can you tell me that what can be the possible reason for that and also if there is any way to resolve the problem.

Re: Windows Vista Freezes 5 minutes after login

You can try to make use of the Memtest86+ and see if there is some problem with the RAM that you are having in your computer. I would like to tell you that there is no restriction for use of that. If you search for that on Google then you will definitely get the download link for that. Download and run that. See if that is able to solve the problem for you. There are also some other diagnostic tool that you can use for that. I wish that you will get out of this soon.

If you are equipped to boot in to safe mode and have you attempted performing the system restore toward a time previous to the computer incarceration? So try to do the system restore and set that to the date when it was working fine without any problem. Once you do this then it will restore all the settings of your computer to that point and it can solve the problem as well. As you told that it freezes in normal mode then you can try to enter in the safe mode and do the restore process from there.

There might be some problem with the hard drive that you are using. It might be having some bug into that and that is showing the freezing issue. If you want to check and remove that bug from your computer then you can make use of the chkdsk /r command and that will remove scan the computer for any kind of bug in the hard drive and side by side it will fix that bug as well. Once it will complete the process then you will get the detailed information of the scan. You can do this in the safe mode. It will definitely solve the issue if that is related to the har drive. Good Luck!!!

It is possible that there is some program running in the background of your system and that is causing the problem for you. As you told that it get freezes after 5 min then as you login to the system then you will have to press the alt + ctrl + Del button and that will open task manger in front of you. Click on the process tab and if you found any process which is not necessary then you can end that process. After that, check if the system freezes over again or not.

If you can get into safe mode, do a MSCONFIG and disable all the startup tab (except one-a touch-enabled), reboot and see if it freezes. If so, disable that was enabled. If not frozen, other and enable a restart. Keep doing this until you can re-create the problem. If you are able to recreate the problem, turn off the program at home ... You can do an uninstall the program.