Thread: How to fix mouse cursor disappearing problem

How to fix mouse cursor disappearing problem

I have a problem with my cursor. When I type on the keyboard or sometime when I leave my mouse alone it moves automatically to the top of the screen and I cannot move the cursor back from that. It is just stuck vertically. I had faced the same problem a few months ago and at that time the mouse cursor was crazy. However, again after some time the same issue arraived. I had spend hours searching the net someone who had the same problem but nothing similar found. I scanned my PC with several antivirus still not virus issue found.

re: How to fix mouse cursor disappearing problem

Have you tried to download and install the latest drivers for your mouse. It might solve the problem. I had faced the same problem and I had installed the latest drivers from logitech for now it seems to work but it may come back in one go as usual. Sometime it is weird because with the windows generic drivers which comes with the operaing system doesnot work unless it has some files that by logitech. Just go and check in control panel > mouse settings. Go in Hardware tab and update the driver.

The origin of the problem is actually the hardware accelerated video card causing glitches and moving the mouse cursor. To resolve this open display properties from control panel. In the Settings tab, click the Advanced and then in the new window you can see Display Properties. Click on the Troubleshooting. In Hardware acceleration you can see a slider that goes from No to Full. Normally the slider is set to Full. Move the slider one notch to the left. Then Disable acceleration for the cursor and bitmaps. Use this setting to correct problems affecting the mouse pointer, or correct problems with corrupted images. Click OK.

I just came across the similar problem. I have the mouse and it is not working normally. I cannot write a sentence without the mouse cursor disappear anywhere. It automatically disappears and reappears anywhere in the text. This happens even when I type a text on my email. The problem is identical with a USB optical mouse. I had check with the control panel settings but nothing much helped here. I think I will need to change the moust and get a new one.

You have already tried uninstalling the drivers and replace them with the latest drivers first. If it's an optical mouse, more low end, then not worry it's normal that it jumps. I had the same problems with an optical mouse I bought. You will need a new mouse here. Better change and get anew one. If it is a usb mouse then you can try changing the usb port or updating the firmware of the same.