Thread: How to install missing preinstalled game in Windows Vista home premium

How to install missing preinstalled game in Windows Vista home premium

Hi everyone, I am using Windows Vista Home premium. I enjoy playing those pre-installed games of windows (solitaire, chess, pinball etc) a lot. It was all fine till yesterday. But today when I navigated to Start > All programs > games, I was shocked to find that my games explorer went empty. This is strange because I know I had them by yesterday. And as far as I remember I haven't deleted any games. Any advice and help will be appreciated.

Re: How to install missing preinstalled game in Windows Vista home premium

I would suggest you to do the most basic thing. Scan your whole system for some kind of virus. As the problem occurred all in a span of one night it is highly possible that you must have downloaded something in your system that corrupted your files. Install a good antivirus to prevent such attacks from viruses in future. Now if you wish to get those games back, you have got this one option. Re-install Windows Vista. Format your system and reinstall the Operating System. Please backup all your important data before formatting and reinstalling Vista. Hope you get back your games.

Dude, I did what all you suggested above but all in vain. I scanned my system and was happy to find that no virus or Trojan or any germs existed. And as far as I remember, I didn’t downloaded or installed anything that would hamper those games and force them to disappear. Also your idea of directly formatting and reinstalling the OS is little hectic and time consuming. I don’t have enough space to take back-up of my whole system. So someone give me some other suggestion which is little less complicated.

Hey you can try this easier method to install back all your lost pre-installed games. Click the “Start” button on the taskbar at the bottom of your monitor screen. Navigate to the “Control panel” option. Click on “Turn windows features on/off” option (on the left hand side of ”Programs and features” page). Expand the “Games” option once all the services are loaded. See whether all the boxes for the pre-installed games (solitaire, pinball etc) are checked or not. If they are not than check them. Apply and close all the windows and restart your system. It did work for me. Hope it does the trick for you also.

You can perform a system restore to previous dates, when everything was working smoothly. Only Admin user can only perform system restore. Always remember to back up all your important data before doing the system restore. Any recently installed programs or updates will be lost after doing System Restore. Navigate to following path: Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools ->System Restore. A new window will appear. Click Continue and choose a restore point from the list. Select a Date and Time prior to the occurrence of your problem.

I had this problem..I couldn't see the games untill I did the following:
    click START...control pannel
    choose: turn windows features on or off
    when the page opens, goto games and DESELECT it if selected.and click OK
    wait till it takes effect
    Again..open:turn windows features on or off.
    go to games, thes time select it, make sure all games are selected
    click ok
    wait till takes effect
    go to start menu
    open: Games
    Here you go..say thanks to me!!hhhh

i want to thankyou imadimad for helping me to get back my preinstalled windows vista home premium games.thankyou.evie