Thread: problem with system time

sad problem with system time

hii there,
    i have read all the required threads but didnt find any solution to my problem rather didnt find any threads related to my problem.. mine is a bit cheeky.

so here's my problem..

First of all i have windows Xp sp3 angel live v2.0 edition made by some guy named mahmoud(arabian lives in egypt)... i initially found it very interesting with some unique design of windowsXP but now im facing a ridiculous problem

its that time and date dialog box doesnt open... i mean when i double click time and date the dialog doesnt open. im logged in as admin n still im unable to access time and date same is the case when i try to open it using control panel..... it seems that.. that stupid creator has disabled that option.. i have to change time and date using bios everytime.. during the start of windows

another problem is that time automatically synchronizes to current time of egypt...( i.e the creators place) once in every week i have become a little frustrated now.....

is there any way to resolve that... i think it can be done by editing registry
    i have all my resources and data on pc and doesnt want to install another versions of windows... Plzzzz someone help me...

Re: problem with system time

It is obvious to get such problems in tweaked operating systems. But anyways, we will try to get it fixed anyhow. I don't know why you are not able to open the pop-up while double clicking the time but you can fix the problem of changing the time every now and than. From where you are changing the time from BIOS, see if you have the option to change the time ZOne as well. It gets changed to egypt, because the creator has kept the time zone of there.

im changing time through bios setup utility by pressing delete key when windows start... and there is no option of time zone...in there..

what should i do?????

Go into the Setup screen of BIOS by hitting Del key again when you first turn on the computer, and reset it to factory defaults and then try to change the date and time again. I am thinking this is a Windows problem only because as it is tweaked to show similar kind of startup whenever you will do it. Better grab a legal copy of Windows XP and install it. Another thing you could do is change the CMOS battery which might have something to do with the data and time issues. Check more suggestions given in this thread here - Date and Time Update Problems
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

k will try to restore to default setting...

but i wanna ask cant it be solved through editing registry in win32Time.. parameters or something.. i heard from somewhere that there is a way to update time by changing values in parameters... or that option could had been turn off by the creator by assigning 0 value to time and date... thats why im unable to open it.. i dont know much about it just heard from somewhere... but didnt find any thread to check that values..

Just open Local Policy Editor and go to go to User Rights Assignment. Now locate the key named as 'Change the system time'. This is the places from where you can enable tor disable the rights for anyone to change the clcok time. As said in your very first post, nothing happens when you click the clock. Might be the creator has already disable it. Just try changing the value of this key. Hope, it will help. First backup the registry.

could you please specify the path correctly im noob at all this im unable to find user right assingment....

ok i found that key change system time

there are 2 options in there "administrator" and "power users" and 2 buttons "add users or group" and "Remove"..
    how to change values through that...

abishek Guest

Despite installing a different version or modded version of windows xp, the battery could be faulty here, or it may not be installed incorrectly or not making good contact with the motherboard. You may also have a defective motherboard. Or you can also enter the following at the command prompt:

W32tm /config /update

This tells the time sync service that there's configuration changes and to use the changed settings.