Thread: What do you mean by the UMBus Root Bus Enumerator?

What do you mean by the UMBus Root Bus Enumerator?

I am having Acer Aspire x1700 on which I have installed Windows Vista Home Premium. Recently I have encountered with the term UMBus Root Bus Enumerator. Well I want to know the meaning of this particular term UMBus Root Bus Enumerator. Where can I find UMBus Root Bus Enumerator on the computer of mine? any suggestion to meet the requirement of mine would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: What do you mean by the UMBus Root Bus Enumerator?

Well looking at the situation I would like to state following thing in this particular post. UMBus Root Bus Enumerator is also known as UserMode Root Bus Enumerator is an essential part of the Windows Vista which you have installed on the computer of yours. Umbus.sys is a universal management bus enumerator drivers . it is a 32 bit executable file which did not direct to any user interface. The default location for the Umbus.sys is
    Code:
    %WinDir%\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\umbus.inf_6d285360\umbus.sys.
    You will be able to find the Umbus.sys in to the device manager of your computer. well this particular driver enumerates the devices on the basis of various user modes buses.

If you are looking to add the UMBus Root Bus Enumerator on the computer of yours then you need to use the following instruction which I am going to mentioned over here. You need to go for Device Manager and go for Action. Now click on the Add Legacy Hardware and click on the Next button. You need to install the hardware by simply manually choosing from the list of the hardware and click on the Next button. Now go for the System Devices and simply click on the Next and go for Manufacturer and simply click on the Microsoft under of it click on the Model and go for UMBus Root Bus Enumerator and click on Next button twice to complete the process. Now reboot the computer and UMBus Root Bus Enumerator have been installed on the computer of yours.

Thanks a lot for the replying with the suggestion of yours. I tried to install UMBus Root Bus Enumerator on the computer of mine. I am getting an error message on the screen which can be stated as follow. ‘Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing’ Also I am getting error code on the screen. I have searched on the Google for this particular matter but did not found anything please help me out for the same.

I am asking certain question which you should answer so that I can let you what further steps should be taken to troubleshoot the problem of yours. Do you have connected any external drives to the computer of yours? You need to find out the external devices which are connected.
    1. Then you need to right click on the UMBus root bus enumerator from the Device Manager.
    2. Go for properties from the Right click Context menu.
    3. You have to click on the Details tab and get the details and post the same over here.

Well looking at the problem which you have provided over here I am suspecting that this problem is happing due to the drivers issue. I am recommending that you should install the updated chipset drivers on the computer of yours. You can get the drivers from the official website of the motherboard manufacturer. I am hoping installing the updated chipset drivers would help you to fix the problem of yours.