Thread: Does OS keep copy of opened file from flash drive to hard drive?

Does OS keep copy of opened file from flash drive to hard drive?

I would like to inquire you that if consider I opened any of the file from my flash drive. After doing some editing to that, I saved that file and closed it. So now my question is, whether the operating system will maintain any of copy of the document in hard drive of computer. I don’t want that to be stored in my computer for some reason but have heard about it. So I am posting the question here. Please reply, if you have any knowledge about this. Thank you so much in advance for reading and replying to this post.

Re: Does OS keep copy of opened file from flash drive to hard drive?

I do not believe it will get stored in your computer's hard disk but this is only if you have edited as well as stored on the USB drive. But yes, it will display the newly opened document. But if anyone tried to open that then do not get open if you removed the USB drive. You can also remove it from there. To do this just right click it and select the option to delete. This will take out it from the list of recently opened documents.

As far as my knowledge even if you remove the file name as of the list of recently opened document as suggested above then also the entry for this will be there in the computer. If you desire to verify that then you can simply confirm that. Click Start and choose Run. In that picture you have to enter "% temp%" and will show you a new window. Choose all the files from there to remove.

You should not worry, if you have opened some file as of the USB key then this will not be saved in somewhere on your computer’s hard drive. That is going to be there in your flash drive. And if you want to store that to your computer then there is only one possible way to do this to copy and paste that to your hard drive. So it is up to you that whether you want to keep that document otherwise not.

How many people are using your computer? I mean if there are someone else who is using your computer then the best way to protect all your information from him is to create a limited account for him and allow him to use computer with that account and they will not be able to access any of your document. This will be much safer way to protect your data from any other user of the computer. And if you want to lock your pen drive as well then you can set a password to it and that will prevent the unauthorized access to it.