Thread: How to deal with multi-monitor remote desktop support on windows 7

How to deal with multi-monitor remote desktop support on windows 7

I am trying to do a remote desktop from my Windows 7 computer to another Windows Vista computer with the help of a multi-monitor option that is given in the new OS. I have checked that both the monitors are working properly but still I am not able to make the remote desktop to work? Is there some kind of different approach for this support or it is not supported at all? Thanks

Re: How to deal with multi-monitor remote desktop support on windows 7

Actually, the remote desktop connection supports high resolution screen which can be used to spanned accross many monitors but the total resolution on all the screens should be under 4096x2048 pixels only. You should also have the same resolution on both the monitors. You should also have the monitor aligned side by side. You can type Mstsc /span in command prompt to have the desktop of the remote pc span multiple monitors. Hope this helps.

Re: How to deal with multi-monitor remote desktop support on windows 7

You should generally contact the network administrator which handles it, so that he can check your connection settings and ensure that the option is not blocked by global policy. Can you try to use mstsc /multimon which will let you to use all the monitors on the client but it will require Windows 7 or Server 2010 on both the computer. You can even find the checkbox the mstsc "Display" tab.

You can try to use the multi-mon the Windows 7 computer and should run Ultimate or Enterprise edition. Just check out this thread for more information - http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...f-ff2085e1c2c2. Multiple monitor support for Remote Desktop Services allows users to open a Remote Desktop connection expanded across all the monitors on the client computer regardless of the client monitor configuration. Also check this link - http://blogs.msdn.com/b/rds/archive/...p-session.aspx