Thread: Error: "Setting up personalized settings for: Windows Desktop Update" while updating KB980408

Error: "Setting up personalized settings for: Windows Desktop Update" while updating KB980408

I have Windows XP on system. I am trying I install KB980408 update but that is not working. I had restarted my pc a number of time but it is not working. I want some help here to fix this problem. Is there anyone who is able to install this update. Or I am just only who is getting this issue. I always keep my system updated so that I can get maximum performance.

Re: Error: "Setting up personalized settings for: Windows Desktop Update" while updating KB980408

Sometime happens that there are damage or buggy updates. You can ignore that. You can find more information on that update on the official website. I do not just push hard to update my system. Whenever there are new updates I install them, that's it. And if some update fail to install I ignore the same. You can skip that update for while and then check back later on.

Re: Error: "Setting up personalized settings for: Windows Desktop Update" while updating KB980408

There is one thing you can try. Just download this update manually from the official website. Download and install its setup. That's it. This will be enough to fix the problem. I do this always whenever I am not able to install any new updates in my pc. There must be some kind of good third party service that can help us to manage all windows update. It is hard to find information about a update.

It is possible that a damage update is installed in your pc. And due to which your system is unable to find whether your system everything installed or not. I will recommend you to get rid of KB980408. Just remove this and try back to run fresh updates. If this update is not working then just skip it. There is no use of re-installing it again and again as there is already problem in your system.