Thread: While installing windows vista SP2 results in “MULTIPROCESSOR CONFIGURATION NOT SUPPORTED”

While installing windows vista SP2 results in “MULTIPROCESSOR CONFIGURATION NOT SUPPORTED”

Recently my system is running on to the windows vista operating system on to the 64 bit. I have installed the service pack 2 in the last night and now the machine is not able to boot in any of the mode. And in this I am getting an error which is MULTIPROCESSOR_CONFIGURATION_NOT_SUPPORTED. And in this when I try to boot this in to safe mode so it stops loading crcdisk.sys. So if you guys have any suggestion no this so please help me on this as soon as it is possible for you guys.

Re: While installing windows vista SP2 results in “MULTIPROCESSOR CONFIGURATION NOT SUPPORTED”

I wanted to know if anyone had a problem like mine while installing windows so please help me on this, actually I have downloaded 64-bit version burn this on to a DVD restart the computer, boot from the DVD pressed a button to start the installation, loaded bar and when it finishes loading will throw me a blue screen with an error called "MULTIPROCESSOR_CONFIGURATION_NOT_SUPPORTED" and I have to restart the pc. It is very rare because I have an Intel Core2Duo E8400 with 4GB of ram and I do not agree, So I have tried this same on to my brother Pc it is working fine without any kind of issues in this. So if you guys have any idea so please help us.

Re: While installing windows vista SP2 results in “MULTIPROCESSOR CONFIGURATION NOT SUPPORTED”

Sometime like this issue because of the chipset driver. Actually in my case it is happen because of this issue. So I have downloaded the newest chipset for my system and install it for my motherboard and after rebooting the system I have got the solution. So I will also suggest you to go for this I am sure that after doing his you will be able to get the solution for your query.

As much I know about it that:
    • The problem is common with certain motherboards
    • The problem is that processor is not compatible with the motherboard.
    • The former problem is incompatible hardware, or is a program that is installed with the unattended installation of operating system.
    • The problem only occurs in the versions of Windows 64 Bits