Thread: While updating my computer I get an error message 8024A006

While updating my computer I get an error message 8024A006

Regarding this issue I have searched a lot but unable to get any solution related to this so if you guys have any suggestion on the same so please help me actually the main issue in my system is that when I try to update my system so at that time I get an error message 8024A006. I have searched a lot about it but unable to get any appropriate solution on this. So if you guys have any better solution than this so please help me as soon as it is possible for you guys.

Re: While updating my computer I get an error message 8024A006

Hey through this way you will be able to get rid from this kind of issue. And also tell me here that what kind of update you are trying to do over here. And in the meantime I can offer you some general troubleshooting tips. So in this first you have to run a chkdsk of your pc to correct any file errors:

1. First you have to Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    2. Run the cmd as an administrator and then continue from there and yeah if it prompt you for the admin password so just provide it.
    3. In that after this you have to click on to the prompt and type chkdsk /r and press enter.
    4. And after that restart your system.

Here is another way through which you will be able to fix your issue.The System File Checker tool: To make sure this that the problem you are experiencing is caused by one or more the file system which is utilized by the windows vista, run the File Checker tool system. File Checker tool scans system files and restores incorrect versions system of the system files using the correct versions. To run the System File Checker tool, follow these steps:
    1. First you have to tick Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    2. Run the cmd as an administrator and then continue from there and yeah if it prompt you for the admin password so just provide it.
    3. In the cmd you have to type sfc /scannow and after that press eneter.
    4. When the scan is complete, test to see whether the matter get resolved.

To solve many problems in Windows Update in Windows Vista:

1) Button, Run, services.msc, right click on Windows Update, stop
    2) Button, Run,% windir% \ SoftwareDistribution, erase everything
    3) Button, Run, services.msc, right click on Windows Update, start

Now that you've removed the memory of Windows Update, make sure it works.

Here I have a problem with windows update. This is happening from some months since I had no internet, while updating windows I get the following error message appears: "code 80240016, windows update is currently installing other updates. Please try again in a few minutes. " I wait, and then tried again to turn the computer back and start all over again but nothing to make the updates will not install. So I searched for updates, the message appeared to me told me to install the new windows update software, something I try to do but it did not work, I come back still the same. I would like some help, thank you.