Thread: Linux mint 9 is unable to recognize wireless card

Linux mint 9 is unable to recognize wireless card

I recently bought Dell Inspiron 9 versions of Linux Mint, while I am taking the second partition on the hard drive where I installed Windows XP sp1. The machine used primarily for Internet access. After updating the machine with which I also insert a wireless card. Main issue is that after inserting the new wireless card, my laptop is unable to recognize that. The problem starts when I access internet on my machine is that it starts slow connectivity. I am using the Rose RNX-G300E IEEE 802.11b / g Wireless PCI Card, network interface card is not working well, but it not only recognizes the wireless card. How to solve the problem, any suggestions?

Re: Linux mint 9 is unable to recognize wireless card

I had the similar problem, a day after finding the problem I'm talking to a technician, and I suggest to first removing the wireless card, the cause is the poor placement of the card. And I remove the card board and then reboot the machine after a while re-insert the card in a few the right place and then reconfigure the card network interface card. Along with that make sure the network interface card works fine with other wireless card, and insert any other card.

Restart the computer and start pressing DELETE on your keyboard, you enter into the BIOS setup window. Make sure the cable card is not disabled in the BIOS. In some of the laptops on board the default wireless card is disabled in the BIOS, this is simply the error of the board and for this reason this type of problem occurs. You can ensure this by the Linux mint 9 Live CD. Try again to reinstall the wireless software for it, has to go in the program folder and from there find the software for the wireless card, I uninstalled one and then delete all files of this software you installed before physical machine. I was like after I did this on my machine compatible with Linux mint 9, after inserting the new wireless card in my machine, I encounter the same problem. So you recommend or do the same process that will surely solve the problem. After installing a second time if necessary to reconfigure the card with the motherboard. This type of problem is the board, either for not having installed the software correctly or not correctly configure the wireless controller.

Here I want to know that you are also not able to find the wireless card on the Windows platform? If yes, then reset the machine at the date and time you can not find the problem. Register your machine in the Windows environment and find the wireless card if it is displayed or not. If not shown then just restore the machine in the last few days again. You find this option in the accessories on the Start menu> All Programs. Under the tolling system to select the system restore option and start the process of enabling environment to make the operation windows. It may take some time, wait until the entire process. Will require a restart. Now, on the date on which reset the machine if the driver and wireless card is installed then you can return to them or not installed on that date, then reinstall from the driver disk, or if the setup file stored in some location on your disk. With this I hope they can now access the mobile service of your machine. Start your computer in Linux mint platform and try to connect the wireless network.

I had the same problem on my machine from the Windows Vista platform and solve this problem through a simple process by a simple process, but also having a partition with the Windows version, so I'd suggest you log on the machine version of Windows, then you just restart the machine in "safe mode with networking" choice and do not look for the wireless option. And if it is shown as active then confirm that the wireless card is functioning well, there is no problem along with the wireless card, something else. After you remove the battery from the machine, although this is very dangerous, but can close a new machine by pulling the external energy. Now go to the BIOS setup window and reset all the default settings, now reboot the machine for the first time in normal window mode and the wireless works. After trying to open the wireless connection in Linux, I hope this also works there.

Relevant theme in my windows vista compatible HP Compaq laptop. I am an MBA student and the daily need to take the laptop in my university, especially to connect the machine to the server at the local university and then get the data over to connect to the Internet to collect the notes on my study. I installed the Broadcom wireless driver on my machine. was working well until the last date, but suddenly yesterday, the radio does not work on the machine after turning on the wireless button on my laptop, the machine can not detect the wireless network, I thought the problem is with the wireless network and simply restart the machine once. But after that I found almost all machines, where you can access the network, where the only thing I can not. After you get home and reinstall the wireless controller and the next day I try to connect the phone, but this time an error message flashing on the screen, the wireless card is not detected by the network interface, I am not a technical person, so I have no idea about it. Is there any other similar question that has any solution for this?