Thread: Is there any reason of using Windows (pc) instead of Mac

Is there any reason of using Windows (pc) instead of Mac

Friends, I am starting the thread over here so that I can know the reason that why people normally choose the Windows (pc) and not the Mac. I have gone through many articles for this but I want to know what the people think about this and this is the best way I can say. Actually, I am doing a research on this for my school and so replies on this topic will definitely going to help you. Please reply as early as possible.

Re: Is there any reason of using Windows (pc) instead of Mac

For me, gaming is one and the only reason for choosing the Windows in place of the Windows. As all of you know that the Mac is not known for the game and Windows can run all the games to it. I love to play the games on my computer and so I choose Windows for me. This is not only me, I am sure that for all the game lovers, this is going to be the reason for choosing Windows and not the Mac. I hope that this is going to help you in your research in any manner.

There might be many reasons for this but I am going to tell what I feel and I am sure that this is going to help you. In windows there are many of applications and free application, but that is not true in case of Mac. For instance: in Mac there is one program that is used for video editing (Final cut studio) and I can say that it is most excellent video editor within the world. But in windows we can have over 1000 video editors. If we search on google then we will get many results of that. Therefore it is hard for windows users to decide the correct application. And they ought to download otherwise buy a lot of programs and spend numerous time to observe the demos for the program and stiff similar to that.

I am agreeing with both the replies and they are true. In my case, I am using the Mac but I have to say that the application base is very s mall in case of the Mac and so many people reject this. I have heard that Mac is going to launch the LINUX based operating system and do they will increase the application base for them. But there are more chances that they will charge more for that.

You just heard it from who else but can say that they are going to make it of course. MAC had to do anything or else Linux will cross there market and they will find it very difficult to pickup. Yet Linux will now run a lot of Windows associated programs. And similarly you will now discover more hold up for running Linux within a virtual environment going on a Windows based system. This is not good for Mac. I hope that Mac will come up with some updated edition of that soon to attract people more on their product.

See once you really learn to use a Mac then maybe I value your input. The article was linked to OS X 10.0. That is like 6 years old. 10.4 is leagues better, and completely different operating system. Of course they have their problems, but if that is what this conversation is boiling up, I'll just list a bunch of links at random from all windows based platform one problem I can google. I'm sure my google outnumber yours. That would not be very productive if. The conclusion is that they are different but are actually the same. It all comes down to a preference, it all comes down to what the user needs. Does anyone need a Mac Pro to play games or surf the net? No, that builds gaming rigs with dual Xeon processors? That is a waste of hardware.